in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 18, 2016

ARC Review: Split by JB Salsbury


I honestly don't even really know where to begin with this review. This book was so good, and it happened to be the first one that I have ever read from JB Salsbury. I have heard great things about her books, so I knew after reading the blurb for this one that I had to read it. Split captivated me right from the start, and I couldn't put it down. I am going to keep this review as vague as possible so as not to spoil the story, because trust me you need to experience this one without knowing what will happen.

After spending his childhood trying to protect himself from others, Lucas now finds that his mind is his own worst enemy. He has blackouts, and while he can't recall what happens during the blackouts, he does remember the feelings from them. Lucas finally seems to have found a place where he can live a quiet life, safe from the darkness. But when his boss's estranged daughter shows up asking questions, Lucas finds his life spiraling out of control once again. 

I found Lucas absolutely fascinating. I liked his character, and I felt invested in him right away. I really felt for all that he had been through, and he had so many layers to him. While he was all alpha, he had a softer side too and that was something that I found irresistible. Shyann was tough and sassy, and I liked her right away. The chemistry between them was intense, and I really loved the dynamic between them. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read more from JB Salsbury. This book was unique and unpredictable, keeping the reader on the edge of their seat from the first word. While I can usually predict where things are going, Split kept me guessing. Because of this story being so unique, I think that it will appeal to romance readers of all genres. While it does have elements of suspense, mystery, and even dark moments, it reads more contemporary to me and I think is a story that is well worth the read. I definitely recommend this one if you are looking for something different.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment