in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 19, 2016

ARC Review: Crazy Pucking Love by Cindi Madsen


Crazy Pucking Love is the third book in the Taking Shots series by Cindi Madsen. Don't worry if you haven't read the previous books in the series, each story is a standalone. I hadn't read any of the previous books and didn't have any problems understanding this one. Crazy Pucking Love was an easy and enjoyable read with a lot to like. I did have a few things that kept me from really loving it, but it was a good story that I would rate somewhere between 3 and 4 stars.

Megan and Dane met and shared a passionate kiss only to soon discover that Dane is on the hockey team with Megan's brother, making a relationship between them forbidden. But Dane and Megan both suffer from insomnia and soon find themselves forming a friendship despite the fact that they know they should stay away from one another. As their friendship grows into more, Megan and Dane must decide if a chance at something together is worth breaking all the rules for. 

There was so much chemistry between these two! They were great for each other, and you could see right away that they should be together. But despite the chemistry between them, I really struggled with Dane. It wasn't that I didn't like him, because I did, but he was too much in his head for me. He frustrated me, and worse than that he couldn't stop mentioning his ex which was a turn off. Megan was likable and determined, but she too frustrated me at times with how she let Dane get away with too much push and pull. The back and forth was a bit too much. I did feel the connection between them though, and it was nice to see a friendship form first rather than the instalust/love that is so common in NA stories anymore. 

Despite the criticisms I had with the characters, this was a good book and I did enjoy it. The heat and chemistry was there from the start and the sexy times were hot! I liked Dane and Megan's interactions and felt like the connection they were forming was real and genuine, and more than just attraction. I think had we not been constantly reminded of the ex and Dane constantly in his head because of it, that this could have been a really great read. I still enjoyed it though, and if you are a fan of NA romance and sports romance stories, this is one worth checking out. I would read more from Cindi Madsen, and I liked a lot of the secondary characters in this story which makes me want to read more in this series.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment