in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Review: The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter

I.LOVED.THIS.BOOK! Gena has gone and done it again. I totally loved this book to pieces. This one is definitely going down as one of my favorites in the Lords of the Underworld series.

I honestly wasn't sure how I would feel towards Strider. In previous books he came across as egotistical and a little douchey. I honestly wasn't really looking forward to him as a hero. He more than made up for all of that in my eyes with this book. He turned out to be so caring and affectionate towards Kaia. He put her needs before his own, even though it could possibly cause him pain. He was everything I love my heroes to be.

Then there is Kaia. Sometimes it's hard for me to warm up to some heroines. I don't always find them to be the perfect match for the hero or they just come across whiny. That was not the case with Kaia at all. She is just made of awesome. She quickly won me over with her spunkiness and quick wit. But not only is she those things, but she is also very vulnerable. She puts up this facade of not caring what anyone thinks of her but it's definitely not true. She is tired of being called 'Kaia, the Disappointment' and is willing to do whatever she can to prove that she has changed.

Kaia just wants to find love and to be loved in return. She recognizes Strider as her consort, which to Harpy's is equivalent to a soul mate and the only person besides fellow Harpy's that they can truly trust with their secrets. She just wants to be with Strider but she has a past with Paris that Strider is having issues getting past. Strider is attracted to Kaia but he knows that Kaia will continuously challenge him and his demon and he doesn't want to take a chance of her defeating him at anything.

I really enjoyed watching these two together. They were both just so right together. They both are fierce warriors who have a great sense of humor. I found myself laughing out loud a few times watching these two interact. They are just so stubborn and I loved it.

Another thing I loved about the Darkest Surrender is that we get to see a little bit of what's in store for the next book which happens to be the long awaited Paris book. I cannot wait to see what happens with his book. I am also curious to see what is going to happen with Kane and William.


RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment