in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 25, 2011

ARC Review: Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione

Immortal Rider is another spectacular read by Larissa Ione. Larissa just has a way with creating a world that is so believable and realistic that you feel as if the characters are long lost friends that you are catching up with. I really enjoyed this book but I won't lie. I kind of wish there was a bit more romance between Arik and Limos. Don't get me wrong, I loved these two and they were definitely hot together, but I think with all of the action taking place in the book it became a bit overshadowed.

I won't try to summarize this book because honestly I'm not sure I can. There is just so much happening from the first page to the last, that I found myself continuously turning the page trying to take it all in. I really enjoyed Arik and Limos, and I love them as a couple. I love that even though Limos is the strongest of the two, that Arik is still so protective of her. He shields her as if she is his most valued treasure and I found that so endearing.

Arik was such a surprise to me. I won't lie, I wasn't that enthusiastic of him as a hero because I really didn't like him that much in previous books. He just came off as a controlling, hypocritical jerk that couldn't be bothered by demons and their suffering. I am so glad we got to know him better because I really grew to love him. He is so protective of the ones he loves and cares about, so much so, that he would sell his soul in order to save the ones he loves. I love that he was constantly putting Limos' well being before his own and he was just so protective of her. He was also so understanding and level headed. I'm so glad I got to know him better because he has quickly become one of my favorite heroes.

I found that I really liked Limos. She was just so much more than I was expecting. She has so many different layers that make her so unique. She came off as a hardass, warrior chick who didn't have a care in the world in Eternal Rider but that definitely is not the case with her at all. She may be strong physically but deep down she wants what every woman wants, to be loved, happy and to have a family. She's another one that will do anything to save the ones she loves. Also, she kicks ass! Larissa just has a way with creating such great heroines that are able to keep up with her sexy Alpha heroes.

I won't lie though. Once Regan came onto the scene, I found myself more interested in what was happening between her and Thanatos. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed Arik and Limos' story and their relationship, but I just kept finding myself clamoring for more of Thanatos and Regan's story. I can't wait to see what happens with them in the next book. I swear Larissa Ione just has a way with ending a book that leaves the reader wanting more. You turn to the last page and realize that's it, and now you have to wait six months for the next one. It's brutal but I wouldn't have it any other way!

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**


RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment