in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

ARC Review: There Demons Fear To Tread by Stephanie Chong

I had heard a lot of good things about this book that made me slightly hesitant to pick it up. Lately it seems as if every debut paranormal that I've picked up hasn't really lived up to the hype. That was not the case with this book at all. From beginning to end I found myself engrossed in the story and I kept turning the page to see what would happen. I really enjoyed this book. Where Demons Fear to Tread has just the right mix of dark and sweet to satisfy any fans of the paranormal genre.

When demon Julian Asher catches sight of Serena St. Clair inside of his club, he immediately decides that he will stop at nothing to have her. It's an added bonus that she just happens to be and angel and apparently guardian to the  current Hollywood "It Boy" Nick. Julian makes it's his goal to make Serena is conquest and in the process make her fall therefore making her a demon.

While Serena is in a night club looking for Nick she is accosted by Julian. She immediately recognizes that he's a demon but there is something about him and she finds herself attracted to him despite his being a demon. When she realizes that Julian will stop at anything, including corrupting her brother to gain her affection she quickly makes a deal agreeing to spend a week with him in Vegas.

Even though Julian had planned to use Serena than discard her, he finds himself becoming more and more enraptured by her. What started out as a game is quickly turning into something serious and Julian has vowed to never let a woman get close to him again.

I really enjoyed this book and I love the world Stephanie has created. Even though Julian is a demon, I found myself rooting for him from the beginning. It was great to see him transform from a womanizing player to a man that will do anything in his power to save the woman he loves.

As for Serena, I loved watching her grow into a woman is sure of herself and is willing to go the distance to save the ones she loves. She might have been a little naive at times but I found that it actually worked. I believed in her.

I can't recommend this book enough. I really hope that this book leads to a series because I am not ready to let this world or it's characters go.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

RATING:

3 comments :

  1. Hey, I'm a new follower. I love the sound of this book, thanks for the fantastic review! The title itself sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stepping Out-This was such a great book. I definitely recommend. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds awesome. Great review. I've only read one demon/angels book but I'm always looking for more.

    ReplyDelete