in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 2, 2011

Kiss and Tell Book Tour: Interview with Author Melissa Mayhue

Today I would like to welcome author Melissa Mayhue to the blog. Melissa is currently participating in the Kiss and Tell Book Tour and celebrating her upcoming release of Warriors Redemption. Melissa was kind enough to allow me to ask her a few questions and I would love to share them with you all.

First off, can you tell us a bit about your books?
I write a paranormal time-travel series set in our world with a twist… Faeries exist. And these aren’t your basic Disney Faeries, by any stretch. In the Long Ago, Mortal and Fae coexisted in a world where each soul had a perfect match and harmony reigned. But there were those of both races who fought for power and their worlds were split. War ensued, soul pairings were ripped apart and Magic was stripped from the Mortal world.

In the first series, Daughters of the Glen, Magic has returned, but only to those mixed blood, half-mortal descendents of the Fae, none of whom can be happy until they’ve found the other half of their soul.

In the spin-off, The Warriors, the world twists again, introducing us to some of the “Others” who also inhabit the Mortal world, beginning with descendents of the ancient Norse gods.

Where do your ideas come from?
Everywhere. Sometimes it feels like they hide in the ether, especially when I'm on deadline and need to write more quickly! More often than not when I'm researching some specific point or item for a story, I'll stumble on some totally unrelated piece of information that will set new ideas racing.

Out of any of your books, which one would you like to be a character in? And why?
I'd be happy to be a character in any of my books... as long as I get to be one of the characters with the power to send myself home when I'm ready to go!

What are some of your favorite kinds of stories to read?
Romance is my first choice, simply because I want that Happy Ever After in a book. Time travel and historical, particularly set in Scotland, were always my favorites, though I rarely read them now that I write them because I don’t want to taint my world/my stories with someone else’s imagination. I also enjoy fantasy and urban fantasy.

Describe the characteristics that make up your perfect hero.
He’s got to be brave and strong and ultimately more concerned with the welfare of others than with his own safety. He gets to act gruff, and I’ll allow him to wallow a bit in his own problems as he works his way through them, but under it all, he has to have a big heart and an overwhelming sense of right and wrong. A sense of humor is a plus, too.

What are the scenes that are the hardest for you to write?
When I first began writing, it was the love scenes that I struggled with. Now it’s the dark scenes, the ones where my characters are struggling with their own personal demons that I find hardest.

Thank you so much for allowing me to visit here with you and your readers. I’d like to invite them all to visit my website – www.MelissaMayhue.com – where they can learn more about the books, read excerpts, check family trees, visit with me via my Shoutbox, and sign up for my newsletter if they’d like.

I love to hear from readers! By email, at the website, Facebook or Twitter, if you have a comment or a question, I’ll do my best to answer!!


MALCOLM MACDOWYLT sees himself a failed warrior, haunted by the death of the woman he married to become laird of Clain MacGahan. Neither his Viking heritage nor his claim to descend from Norse gods can restore his confidence in his ability to protect his people. His sister is held captive, her life in jeopardy, and his Magically powerful half brother wants him dead. The last thing he needs is more responsibility, but that's exactly what he gets when his Faerie mother-in-law arrives seeking justice for her daughter in the form of an enticing woman from seven hundred years in the future.

DANIELLE DEARMON has waited fifteen years to discover the life she is supposed to live. She just never dreamed she'd end up in the thirteenth century with a handsome Scot bent on saving everyone but himself.

With the lives of those most dear to him hanging in the balance, Malcolm sets out to battle a powerful evil magic, only to learn that the redemption he seeks exists in the arms of the woman he loves.

Places to purchase: 
**Author Info**

MELISSA MAYHUE began her writing career in 2005 after a vacation to Scotland and a hike on the Black Isle inspired her with the perfect setting for the characters running around in her head. Her resulting debut novel, THIRTY NIGHTS WITH A HIGHLAND HUSBAND, won the Holt Medallion and Book Buyers Best awards in 2008 and made the finals of the Colorado Book Awards.

Since then, her imaginary world of Faeries and Mortals has continued to grow. A HIGHLANDER’S HOMECOMING, sixth book in her award-winning Daughters of the Glen series from Pocket Books, was a 2011 RITA finalist in the Paranormal Category. WARRIOR’S REDEMPTION, her ninth book, is due out December 27, 2011.

Married and the mother of three sons, Melissa lives in beautiful Northern Colorado with her family and two very spoiled Boston Terriers.

Places to find Melissa:

2 comments :

  1. In your characteristics for a hero you chose my number one: puts others before himself. Ultra important.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love when I'm cruising through great blogs and i find someone I know! Way to go Melissa! I'm always so excited for your successes!

    ReplyDelete