in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

ARC Review: Chosen by Sin by Virna DePaul

Wow! It's 6:30 AM and I stayed up all night to finish this book and it was so worth it. Oh my goodness was this story good. Full of so much love and pain. I definitely think that this is by far the best in the series. Dex was just so much more than what I was expecting. Yes, he's tortured and full of pain, but he's also a wise-ass that cares about the ones closest to him, even if he won't admit it to himself. There was just so much pain and resentment issues that he had to deal with from issues stemming from his past that you just want to give him a hug and somehow try and make it all better.

Dex was born  half vampire, half werewolf but has the dominate traits of a were. Because he was born a half-breed he's never been able to find acceptance with anyone. He was cast out of his pack when he was a child by his grandfather and sent to live in an orphanage, then a few years later Dex's mother died. Dex has always resented his grandfather and blamed him for the death of his mother. When Dex joined the Para-Ops team, his stipulation was that he would be able to seek out his grandfathers whereabouts and kill him.

When Dex and Jesmina meet, they are both instantly attracted to one another. I mean serious sparkage. After a few close encounters they finally end up having a very steamy one nightstand. After which both go their separate ways. Dex goes back to working for the Para-Ops team, and Jes goes back to her home in France. Neither thinks they will see the other again, or so they thought.

When Jes gets back home she discovers that even though she thought that she was sterile that she is pregnant with Dex's baby. She is beyond happy to be pregnant but she knows she will probably end up loosing the baby. She's been pregnant many times before and was told that she could never have a baby. She always ends up having a miscarriage. She'll do anything to protect the baby inside of her. So when she realizes that Dex is in France, she sends for him. His presence in the country as already made a difference for her baby, as if it can sense Dex and his presence.

Dex has been sent to France to work on a mission when he encounters Jes again. Immediately they both pick up right where they left off, in bed. Dex still can't get over how attracted he is to Jes. There is just something about her that pulls him in and he's never felt this kind of connection to anyone before. When Jes informs him of her pregnancy Dex flips out. He never wanted to be a father, never wanted to subject his child to the abuse he endured because he's a half-breed. But now it's too late, Jes is pregnant and there is nothing he can do about it. He could never leave her knowing that he was the cause of her loosing the baby, so he decides to stick around for awhile. In doing so, he starts to realize that he may be able to let these two in. That maybe he is capable of loving someone else.

I cannot get over how much I loved this book. I loved the pairing of Jes and Dex. Dex is such a alpha male, but there is so much more to him. He really is one of the most caring and loving characters in this series, it just takes him awhile to get there and he might not even want to admit it himself. I loved being able to see the growth of his character as the chapters went on. There were a few times, especially towards the end that I found myself tearing up. Especially when he was in bed with Jes. I really loved these two together and I hope that we get to see more of them as the series progresses. These two had such chemistry together that it felt as if it jumped off the page.

I found that Jes was such a perfect fit for Dex. She is strong, smart, independent and completely in love with Dex and isn't afraid to let him know. I loved this about this book. Once someone felt something for another they let them know. Not only does Jes care about Dex, but she cares about her Draci family. Jes like Dex, has had a very hard life. She has had to watch the ones she's loved die over and over. I don't even know how she has the strength to keep going. I love that she's a fighter and I love that she is willing to fight for Dex.

I can honestly go on and on about why I love this book so much and how it's so good. Seriously people, this book is amazing and you definitely need to read it. In my opinion the best in the series. I can't wait to read the next installment in this series. It just keeps getting better and better.

**ARC copy provided by Author**

RATING:

5 comments :

  1. Great review--I'll definitely be picking this one up in the near future! :D

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. It really was a good book. I'm still thinking about it and it's been about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Danielle, this series is somewhere on my TBR, I really want to start it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great review, Danielle! So glad you enjoyed Dex's story!! :)

    ReplyDelete