in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ARC Review: Turn It Up by Inez Kelley

From beginning to end, I loved this book. Once I started reading it I found it hard to put it down. I just kept turning the pages curious to see how things were going to end up. I loved Charlie and Bastian and from the very first page I was rooting for them.

Bastian and Charlie are the best of friends, they do everything together. Unbeknownst to Charlie, Bastian has been secretly in love with her for the past year. When on a camping trip Bastian lets his feelings for Charlie be known and he proposes. Charlie freaks out. Charlie isn't the type of woman to settle down and she is terrified of losing her best friend. Yes, she's had fantasies about being with Bastian but marriage? She doesn't want to mess up the great relationship they both already have but she reluctantly decides to give Bastian a chance.

Bastian will do anything in his power to convince Charlie that he is sincere with his feelings and that no matter what she can trust him and his intentions. For Bastian it isn't just a physical attraction that propels him to Charlie, she's his everything and in order to prove to her how much he truly loves her he makes a promise to not sleep with her until she agrees to become his wife. When Bastian makes his proclamation Charlie vows that she will be able to make him crack, and that he will indeed have sex with her. Thus begins a battle of wills between the two and it's actually quite funny at times to see the lengths these two go to to win their bet.

It was interesting to see how everything would play itself out. Both love each other so deeply and neither wants to lose the other. I enjoyed seeing the many different ways Bastian tries to show Charlie how much she means to him and just how much he truly loved her. And with Charlie, I loved being able to see how much she loved Bastian and is so afraid to let herself be loved by someone else. Your heart aches for her, because she is just so afraid of being loved. She puts out this tough girl persona but deep down she just wants to be loved forever.

I seriously loved these two and I loved how things ended up. There was just so much chemistry between them both and even though there wasn't a lot of sex going on between them oh my goodness were there sparks. I found myself fanning myself quite a few times because it got so heated between them both.

Turn It Up was my first book from author Inez Kelley and it definitely won't be my last. This book is definitely going on my keeper shelf and I will be on the lookout for more from this author.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Puchase:
| Amazon | Barnes & Noble |

RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment