in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

ARC Review: A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett


I won't lie, the first couple of chapters I was feeling a bit iffy on this book. I was having issues connecting with the heroine and it just took me awhile before I was able to warm up to her. But once I got a few chapters in I was hooked. I couldn't put the book down. It was addicting and just so damn good. I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times and at other moments blushing like a tomato. Trey is hot and the heat between him and Bobbi is explosive. I love how these two were drawn together and their relationship just seem so easy.

Trey is a lovable sweetheart and you can't help but smile at some of his antics. He has a heart of gold and he's really the best kind of hero. The problem with Trey is that he's a player. He's afraid of commitment and doesn't believe in relationships. He's been burned one time too many by past girlfriends so now he just likes to play the field and wants nothing to do with relationships.

Bobbi is attempting to start over and a stay with her brother in Sultry Springs, Texas is just what she needs. With her reputation in tatters she heads to Sultry Springs to film a reality dating show about dating in the south. It's not the best job but it's work and lately she's not getting much of it.

She was only supposed to get to know Trey for the show but the more time they spend together the harder it is for her to resit his charm. It doesn't help matters the her brother and Trey are best friends. It especially doesn't help that Luke forbade Trey from laying a hand on Bobbi, yet the more time they spend with one another the more they realize just how much they like each other.

I can't express how much I loved this book. I've been in love with Trey ever since he was introduced in Sultry with a Twist and my love for him has only grown all the more. He's a sexy beast with a heart of gold. Him and Bobbi were great together and had some wicked chemistry.

In this book we were also introduced to Colton and let me just say he's hilariously sexy. He has some of the best lines in the book and I can't wait to read his story. Oh how I'm loving him to pieces.

A Shot of Sultry is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it. It's witty, sexy and filled with just the right amount of sweetness that makes you feel good. Definitely sigh worthy.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley/Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |


0 comments :

Post a Comment