in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 26, 2013

ARC Review: Werewolves Be Damned by Stacey Kennedy

I have to say that I liked this book, but I didn't love it. For me it is on the higher side of 3 stars. Nexi is thrust into a world filled with things that she never knew existed when her adopted parents are suddenly murdered. She finds out that she is the daughter of a guardian and a witch and she is half of each, as well as the fact that there are werewolves and vampires. As she begins to learn and train to be a Guardian, she is on a single minded quest to find the werewolves that killed her parents and have her revenge.

Kyden the son of the most powerful guardian, agrees to oversee her training and from the beginning it is clear that he is interested in more than just training Nexi. He is strong and confident, and has an intense urge to protect Nexi. Nexi on the other hand was more impulsive and immature. She was always running off thinking that she would be fine on her own, even without training to use her new found abilities. I felt like the two of them could have had more interactions and built a stronger connection. To me, it was almost as if the book tried to rush through everything and could have been longer. I would have liked to see more of Kyden and Nexi really getting to know each other and go through the beginning stages of their relationship. Their bond and relationship seemed to almost be just a side story in her quest for vengeance.

I did however really enjoy the world that Stacey Kennedy has created! She did a wonderful job introducing the reader to the Otherworld and setting up the series for future books. I am really intrigued by the different groups and hope that she expands on those as the series progresses. I'm especially interested in the werewolves and the witches. I think that she has really opened up a ton of possibilities for those two groups!

Overall, this book was action packed and those scenes were great! The author really seemed to excel in that aspect. If you are looking for supernatural and action, this is a must read! But if you are looking for a well developed romance and an all consuming relationship, I probably wouldn't recommend it. Most of the relationship really seemed to take place in the last few chapters of the book, instead of over the entirety. I would say this is a promising start to a new fantasy series with a little romance thrown in.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment