in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 3, 2013

ARC Review: Any Duchess Will Do by Tessa Dare


Wow! Tessa Dare has done it again! Any Duchess Will Do is one of her very best. It was breaking my heart to know that this is the final installment in the Spindle Cove series. The only thing that would make it more tolerable would be a fantastic ending. She did it. I laughed, I cried, I loved it.

The Duchess of Halford is beyond frustrated. Her only child, Griffin, has gone into some kind of funk and refuses to marry. In desperation she kidnaps him to Spindle Cove and orders him to choose one of the ladies to marry. Just to thwart her, Griffin chooses Pauline Sims, the barmaid. Griffin and Pauline make a pact for one week in which she will do everything she can to dissuade his mother and he will give her one thousand pounds in return. Can the elder duchess turn Pauline into a duchess in one week? Can Pauline and Griffin fight their growing attraction to each other? What is Griffin’s secret that makes him so sad?

Tessa Dare is in rare form in this Pygmalion story. Delicious characters, laugh-out-loud dialogue, a real loving relationship -- it’s all there. Sometimes when something touches me emotionally I feel it almost like a pain. This happened several times in Any Duchess Will Do because I was so deeply enmeshed in Griffin and Pauline’s story. Tessa Dare is a masterful storyteller. She let out all the stops with this one and I loved every word. Even the title is perfect. I am so sorry to say goodbye to Spindle Cove, but I can’t wait to see what Tessa Dare will do next. Any Duchess Will Do is one of the best books I have read in a long time. DO NOT miss this wonderful story!


**ARC provided by Edelweiss**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



4 comments :

  1. I absolutely love Tessa Dare and cannot wait to read “Any Duchess Will Do.” Thanks for the great review. You only whetted my appetite even more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed you have whetted my appetite. I've only read a short piece by Tessa Dare so much try something longer. Obviously I'll have to start with the first in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book in the series and really enjoyed it, but somehow I never got to the second book!! I'm going to add this to my GR now to read when I'm back in the historical romance mood!

    Ning @ DABR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read your books.
    lauratroxelatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete