in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, August 18, 2013

ARC Review: The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber


Wow I really loved this book! This book is hands down the best romantic comedy that I have read not only this year, but in a very long time! I was constantly laughing and this one kept me up until the wee hours of the morning because I couldn't stop reading it. Besides all the laughing, this book had me fanning myself and reaching for a glass of water! Very sexy read and N.M. Silber is an excellent writer! Every scene was extremely well written, and I will be reading more from her in the future.

Braden is an Assistant District Attorney and Gabrielle is a Public Defender. They frequently face off against each other in the court room, and both of them are attracted to the other. However it takes the encouragement of their friends to finally do something about it. Braden is known for being a player, but when it comes to Gabrielle her begins to feel like she could be worth settling down with. As any good lawyer would do, Gabrielle negotiates a series of dates with Braden instead of his normal hook-ups and the two begin a relationship. They quickly realize that not only are they extremely attracted to each other with insane chemistry, but they are also really compatible in the rest of their relationship. Things are going well until Gabrielle receives an anonymous letter telling her that if she doesn't want to get hurt she needs to end the relationship. As she and her friends set out to try and figure out who mailed it, hilarity ensues. Despite Gabrielle's crazy family as well as her own crazy tendencies, Braden can't help but fall for her.

I loved Braden and Gabby! They were perfect for each other. Their witty banter and sexy scenes together were the absolute high points of this book. I absolutely could not get enough of the two of them together and I will admit I was not ready for the book to be over when it was. Braden is sexy, confident and playful. Gabrielle is smart, quick-witted and independent. I loved how the two of them interacted with each other from page one. The way that they start their relationship was one of my favorite parts of the entire book! Without spoiling too much, they negotiate it with the help of their friends and it is really hilarious! Besides the constant banter between the two of them, which was done so well, the sex was off the charts hot! Those scenes couldn't have been steamier and they were some of the best that I have ever read. What really connected me to these two though, was that besides the steam and wit, they were so sweet with each other. For a player, Braden really didn't have any problems giving that up for Gabby because of how he felt about her. I really enjoyed that once Gabby and Braden were together, there wasn't a lot of angst and drama with their relationship together, that was reserved for things outside of their relationship.

Overall, I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this story! The characters are wonderful, even the secondary characters. They were all interesting and well developed. I am really looking forward to reading more about all of them in the next book. I will definitely be first in line to read the sequel, The Home Court Advantage when it comes out later this year. I am recommending this book to anyone and everyone, especially those who love a humorous romance filled with wit and steam! Give this one a try, I think romance fans of any genre will absolutely love this one! N.M. Silber is definitely an author to keep an eye on and if all her stories are like The Law of Attraction, she will absolutely be an auto-buy for me!

**ARC provided by Literati Author Services**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords | Kobo |



3 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with everything you said. I loved this book and can not wait for the anything N.M. Silber writes. Of course not sure if she could make a dictionary funny, but I so would read it if she did.

    ReplyDelete