in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 17, 2014

ARC Review: Reforming the Playboy by Inara Scott


Reforming the Playboy is the first book I have ever read by Inara Scott. I knew that this was the first book of hers I wanted to read after seeing that it was a second chance love story. I am glad I took the chance on a new to me author with this book, as I really liked this story. It was a quick and interesting read, and I didn't want to put it down until I had read every last word. If this story is anything to go by, I will be reading much more from Scott in the future.

When Kira's aunt passes away, she finds out that her aunt left a strange stipulation in her will that will bring back the man she never thought she would see again. Kira thought that she had thrown away a set of drawings that Max had done of her, but her aunt found them in the trash and kept them. In order to keep them from being donated and displayed publicly, Kira and Max must meet in person and sign paperwork to claim ownership of them. But getting Max to agree takes a bit of convincing on Kira's part. Since Kira left him broken hearted five years before, he has become a world renowned artist and is living in Tuscany. After suffering an accident, he has been having a creative block and decides to go and see her one last time to finally move on. Once Max and Kira are face to face though, old feelings resurface and soon they experiencing the same passion they felt before. Kira and Max begin spending time together and soon he is back to creating again. But with secrets still between them as well as years apart, can they find their way back to each other?

I really liked Kira and Max. Max was complex and passionate. He was motivated to be successful from growing up poor and he was determined to make something of himself. But along the way he lost who he was and was missing part of what made him the passionate artist that he was when he first started. I loved watching him find his way back, and I think that he really needed Kira in his life to help him be the best man that he could. Kira was sweet and vulnerable. She made some really poor choices, but you could tell that her reasons were not her out trying to be mean or hurtful. She was doing what she thought she had to in order to let him fulfill his dreams and also what she needed to do for herself as well. I loved seeing her stand up for Max and how she was protective of him. I thought that they were great together and even though there was a lot of history and hurt feelings between them, they really brought out the best in each other. They had an undeniable connection and a ton of chemistry.

Overall, I thought that this was a great story. Max and Kira were perfect for each other, and I enjoyed reading about their journey. These two characters had a lot of depth and they grew a lot both individually as well as together. I really liked how they both realized in the end that they were not ready for a future together when they were first together. I loved seeing them finally open up fully to each other and really get to know who the other person is. I think that their relationship was so much stronger because of everything that they had been through and I was really glad that they got the ending that they deserved. This book was a great read about an enduring love that was meant to be despite a lot of things that were standing in their way. I would definitely recommend this story for any romance reader, especially those that love a second chance at love. I can't wait to read more from Inara Scott in the future.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment