in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

ARC Review: Fight For Me by Bethany Bazile


Fight For Me is the first book I have ever read by Bethany Bazile, but it definitely won't be the last. I really enjoyed this one and was drawn in from the start. I love a good sports romance, and I definitely couldn't say no to a sexy MMA fighter! I really loved the writing style though and I loved the rest of the characters as well. This was such a great read that I devoured it pretty quickly and didn't want to stop reading it. I also thought that it was really hot, and I loved the sexy scenes between Alexis and Ryder.

After suffering a tragedy, Alexis is left feeling nothing but grief and guilt. She is saved from something horrible by the one person that she always wanted, her stepbrother Ryder. As quickly as Ryder reappeared though, he disappears again with only a few texts every so often checking in on her. As Alexis puts her life back together, she clings to the texts from Ryder and begins to fight for herself and her life. Years later Ryder and Alexis are brought back together again, and both of them have changed. The attraction and chemistry is stronger than ever, and they both want to act on what has been simmering between them for years. With Ryder preparing for the UFC championship, the last thing he needs is the distraction that Lexi is. Ryder knows that Lexi is worth the fight and that once he claims her she will be his. But there are plenty of others who want nothing more than to keep them apart. Can Lexi and Ryder get past all those that would stand in their way as well as figure out how to have a future together with all the other obstacles?

I really liked Ryder. He was sexy and alpha, protective and confident. I loved how he knew he looked good and that women wanted him, and yet he wasn't a jerk about it. He cared about Lexi and even though he knew that she was it for him and that he was scared about it, he didn't let that stop him from exploring things with her. He tried to fight it at first because he thought that she needed someone else, but once he saw what was between them he was determined to make it work and show her how great they could be together. I thought that he made a few mistakes though, and frankly I have no idea what he was thinking a few times. But he was one that I was rooting for from the very start. I liked Alexis (Lexi). I felt so bad for her at the beginning. She had the absolute worst day anyone could ever imagine right off and I was immediately invested in her HEA. I knew things had to get better for her, and I was so glad to see her reconnect with Ryder. She was smart and determined, and I liked that she was vulnerable. We really got to see so many different sides to her and I liked that there was so much depth to her character. Ryder and Lexi had a great connection, and it was really believable and real to me. You could really tell that they had a bond that had never weakened despite the time they spent apart. They also had insanely hot chemistry together and there sexy scenes were filled with tons of delicious steam!

I did think that some of the things that happened were sort of glossed over and things were sometimes too easily forgiven. I didn't like that they were just made pretty much a non-issue and that was what kept this one from being a home run for me. I did like the story though and found it really enjoyable. I liked the secondary characters a lot and I loved the interactions that they all had. I really loved Ty and Jacob, and I would love to get Jacob's story! He was so charismatic and you couldn't help but like him! I would recommend this story if you are looking for a quick and steamy read that is filled with sexy fighters and likable characters. I really liked Bethany Bazile's style and I thought that this one had great flow and was paced really well. I can't wait to read more from her in the future.

**ARC provided by AToMR Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment