in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

ARC Review: Bring Me You by Ryleigh Andrews


Let me start off by saying that this book absolutely wrecked me. I have been trying to get my thoughts together to write this review, and it feels almost impossible. I have to give it Ryleigh Andrews, she packed a powerful punch with her debut novel Bring Me You. This one turned me into an emotional mess, and had a ton of ups and downs. The ending left me completely shattered, and I need the next book now. I am not kidding, I would do just about anything to get more of this story because I absolutely hate where this one left off. It is a great story don't get me wrong, but talk about the mother of all cliffhangers.

When Mia heads to visit her best friend Luke and his daughter Kaitlyn, he drags her to a work party. There he introduces her to football star Ethan Christopher. They instantly hit it off, and despite knowing that there will be distance between them decide to start a relationship. Though Mia refuses to fully open up to him, things take off quickly for them and they soon find themselves falling in love. But when Mia's band gets their break, the time apart between Mia and Ethan grows. Soon with Mia's touring and Ethan's schedule, they find themselves struggling to keep in contact. Soon both Mia and Ethan are making bad choices that could lead to their downfall.

I loved Ethan for the majority of this book. That is until close to the end when he did something that seriously made me want to punch him and ask him what he was thinking. The whole time he had been this great guy, loving and supporting. We got to see all the sweet and thoughtful things that he did for Mia, and he seemed to be such a fantastic guy. I loved seeing his POV and where he was coming from. That being said, we weren't getting the whole picture. He had also done some really bad things that neither the reader nor Mia had any idea about. Mia on the other hand had issues from the start. She was sweet and caring, and I loved her friendship with Luke and his daughter. They started off as so much more, and at the beginning I was kind of hoping that they would be more, until I started to fall for Ethan right along with Mia. But Ethan was so good for Mia that it was impossible not to want those two together. Mia clearly had demons that hadn't been dealt with, and I wanted so badly for Ethan to be the one to help her. I guess that is part of what wrecked me so badly with this story, because I feel as though he completely missed what was right in front of him while he was off doing things he shouldn't be.

Overall, this story was really interesting and I absolutely could not put it down. I knew going into this one that it was the first in the series, but I never expected to be feeling the way I was at the end of this one. I am still shattered by what happened, and unfortunately I tend to blame Ethan more than Mia. If it weren't for his actions, I don't think that Mia would have been in quite the shape she was in or have done the things that she did. I really hope that these two can find a way to heal themselves and move past everything that has happened. I am still rooting for these two to figure things out, and I really hope that they find their HEA without a lot more hurt and heartache along the way. I honestly can't wait for more, and I really hope that we get the next book soon. I thought that Ryleigh Andrews did a great job with this story and this was a really solid debut for her. I did think that there were a few times that things got a bit repetitive though and there were a few times that things were a bit confusing or didn't quite make sense. That was the only reason for this being a four star read for me instead of a five star. I am looking forward to the next book and also to seeing what else Ryleigh Andrews writes in the future.

**ARC Provided by Truly Schmexy PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment