in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 2, 2015

ARC Review: Second Debt by Pepper Winters


I wasn't sure about this series to begin with, and I was pretty worried that things would become drawn out and slow. But that is absolutely nowhere near what has happened with these books. I cannot get enough of the Indebted Series by Pepper Winters, and I really think that each book gets better and better. Second Debt is the third book in the series, and these need to be read in order as they are not standalone stories. If you haven't started this series yet, you definitely want to stop reading so that you don't see any spoilers. While this series is dark and won't be for everyone, I am absolutely loving it. These books are so different and unique, and there is honestly nothing else like them out there that I have ever read.

Second Debt picks up after the events of First Debt. We now know who Kite is as does Nila. She has repaid the first debt, and we have been getting some of our questions answered as well as developing even more in the process. But now Nila has begun the transformation from the timid seamstress that would do whatever her father and brother said to the strong fighter that has emerged from being with the Hawks. Nila and Jethro continue to surprise one another, and can't help but grow closer despite the very history that leaves no future between them possible. Jethro knows and embraces that Nila will be his downfall, and yet he can't stay away from her. He struggles with what his family has always told him he must do, and the man that he is underneath it all. Nila begins to see that there is so much more to Jethro beneath the surface, and she is determined to get under his skin and learn his secrets. While Jethro tries to maintain the ice he needs to do what must be done, Nila can't help but want to be what finally makes him melt.

Jethro and Nila continue to grow and evolve as this series progresses. I think that is part of what makes them so interesting, you never quite know everything about them. Just as they start to figure one another out, something changes because of the strange situation they find themselves in. Nila is strong and is determined to be a fighter, and yet she finally started to accept her circumstances in this book. She began to embrace the life she found herself immersed in, as well as her growing feelings for Jethro. Both of them know that they shouldn't love each other or be drawn to one another the way they are, and yet it is undeniable and unavoidable. Jethro and Nila are both so complex, but they fit together perfectly no matter how bizarre they are together. They balance each other out and understand each other in a way that no one else does. I really enjoyed seeing them together in this installment. They both started to drop their facades and let one another in, but it wasn't fast or easy. These two know they have to be careful and part of what makes them so interesting is how they circle one another and banter back and forth.

Overall, this series just seems to be getting better in my opinion. I am frustrated with the cliffhanger each time, and yet I am not sorry that I read these even knowing I have to wait for more. Jethro and Nila's story is one that I can't get off my mind, and I need more. I like the fact that Pepper Winters does answer some of our questions with each installment, and yet we are always left curious and wanting more. This installment was my favorite so far in the series, and I think it was because of how much changed between Nila and Jethro. I can't wait for more, and I would highly recommend this series to anyone not afraid of a dark erotic romance. This series is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, and I absolutely need more!

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment