in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, March 21, 2015

ARC Review: Shaken, Not Stirred by Sawyer Bennett


Shaken, Not Stirred is the fifth and final book in the Last Call series by Sawyer Bennett. If you haven't read the previous books in the series it isn't a problem, because each book is a standalone. I would definitely recommend reading them though since they are really good. I was excited to read this one, because I knew there was more to Casey than we had previously seen. It was really nice to finally get to know her and to see what had made her the way she was.

Casey Markham doesn't do relationships. Though she is monogamous in her arrangements she prefers to keep things casual so that she doesn't get hurt. But she is tired of the same thing over and over, and finally begins to wonder if it is time to put the past behind her and move forward with her life. When she meets the sexy biker Tenn Jennings, she knows that things will be different with him. He isn't her normal type, and he has the ability to get under her skin. Though Casey would prefer to keep Tenn at arm's length, Tenn can't get her off his mind and is determined to show Casey that they should be together. But can Tenn get through to Casey, or will she continue to run from feeling anything too deep? 

I really liked Tenn. He was this sexy alpha biker, with a total sweet side. He had a daughter that he absolutely adored, and it was clear he would have done anything for her. Same went for Casey though. He didn't let her get away with her normal crap, and he got her to see that what she was doing wasn't working for her. I liked that he challenged her, but that he also knew when not to push too much. He was also a super hot dirty talker, and I loved every bit of it! Casey had been keeping things casual with men that she knew she could never fall for. She knew that she would never get hurt if she never developed feelings for them. I understood so much more about her after getting some of her history, and things really started to make sense. I liked that she wanted to try for more with Tenn, and she really went through a lot of change in this book. She was also really fantastic with Tenn's daughter, and I loved how supportive she was instantly of his relationship with her. Tenn and Casey had so much chemistry, but I really loved seeing them develop such a strong emotional connection as well. These two were perfect for one another, and I really liked them together. 

Overall, this was a really great addition to the series and I am sad that it's over. I really liked the characters, and I love the camaraderie of their group of friends. Each book in this series is a good story, and I loved getting to see more of each couple as the series continued. I think that Sawyer Bennett is a great writer, and this series was a lot of fun to read. For me, there were a few times that I thought that Casey acted a bit immaturely and I wanted her to see that she didn't need to keep pushing Tenn away. That along with the fact that the ending got a bit cheesy for me were the only things that kept this book from being a five star read for me. I have come to expect with Sawyer Bennett's books that you will get a great story every time with a lot of steam, and Shaken, Not Stirred definitely delivered. I can't wait to read more from her in the future.

**ARC Provided by AToMR Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





1 comments :

  1. So glad to hear you liked this one. I do enjoy this author, but I haven't tried this book yet, and your review made it seem like such a good one.

    ReplyDelete