in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 22, 2015

ARC Review: Heartfelt Lies by Kristy Love


Heartfelt Lies is the second book in the Undone series by Kristy Love. This book can be read as a standalone, but the characters in this series are interconnected. This book was really good, and I liked the characters. They were flawed and real, but I liked that they weren't perfect and they felt like you could really relate to them. They struggled, but it was about their journey and how they were able to pick themselves up after falling that mattered. 

When Jax first saw Cassie he knew that he needed to get to know her. Cassie made him work for it, but eventually gave in to the attraction between them. The more she got to know him, the more of a connection they each felt. But when Jax's life began to fall apart, so did their relationship. Cassie knew that she had to leave Jax, even if it was the last thing she wanted to do. But she couldn't put up with his lies anymore or the man he had become. Now five years later, they haven't spoken and Cassie is set to marry someone else. But Jax isn't willing to let Cassie go without a fight, and he is determined to prove to her that he really has changed and is the man she always wanted him to be. 

Jax and Cassie both had their issues in this story, and I will admit that I had a few problems with each of them. They handled several things poorly and they were both flawed. But they were real and that is what made them so easy to like despite their issues. Jax had a lot of bad things happen in his life, and he didn't know what to do. He took the easy way out and got himself in a bad situation. He never stopped loving Cassie though, and it was clear that he just didn't know how to handle things. He felt like he had to be the strong one, and I really wish that he had asked for help when he needed it. It broke my heart to see him trying so hard, yet falling so hard that you knew rock bottom was coming. He was so sweet and loving and such a good guy, that it was really tough to see him lose everything that mattered. Cassie loved him and stuck by him so long, but she had some really tough choices to make considering her situation. I really believed that both Cassie and Jax's sister Ry made the right choice in walking away from Jax. He needed to see what he stood to lose, and I really think they had no other option. When Jax reentered Cassie's life though, I knew she had to be cautious. She needed to see the changes in him and take things slow. But I did think that her mind games went a bit too far, and that drove me nuts. I was glad that her sister Roxie let her have it and got her to see just what she had been doing. Cassie and Jax clearly never stopped loving one another, and I really think that these two belonged together. It was hard to see them go through so much, but I never gave up hope that they would find their way back to one another. 

Overall, this was a really great story. It was emotional and hard to get through at times because it was so heartbreaking, but it was also filled with hope and love. This book really was a journey for all these characters, and I really liked seeing them face their issues and move forward with their lives. They deserved to be happy, and that wasn't always easy for them. But they were all great and I was really happy with how things ended up. I have to say I can't wait for Roxie's story. She was so much fun, and I loved her for being so willing to tell it how it was. She didn't pull any punches, and I found myself really relating to her character. I can't wait to get to know her better and see what happens next in this series. If you are looking for something real and emotional, I highly recommend this story. I look forward to more from Kristy Love, especially Roxie's story!

**ARC Provided by Between the Sheets Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iBooks | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment