in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Review: Twinsequences by Jennifer Foor


I am a huge fan of Jennifer Foor's so I jumped at the chance to read Twinsequences from her. I knew going in this one would be different after reading the blurb, and I can honestly say that this one was quite the wild ride. This is unlike anything I have read from Foor before, and I don't even really know where to begin as far as classifying this book or explaining without giving away everything. So this review is mostly going to be about how I personally felt, rather than what happened. The one thing I will tell you though is that this book has romance, but it is also full of suspense and drama.

Ivy and Willow are twins. They were best friends all through their childhood, until they reached high school and everything changed, Willow never expected for her sister to be the one to steal away her happiness and future when she went after the boy that Willow was in love with. Willow left town with her broken heart, and four years have now passed. Willow missed her two best friends, but she couldn't stomach being around them knowing that they were now married and living the life that should have been hers. But when she receives a call in the middle of the night from Ivy saying she needs help, Willow knows she would do anything for her sister even if it means returning home and coming face to face with the man she will never have, Ivy's husband Stoshua Wheeler. But when Ivy asks her to pretend to be her and do whatever it takes to keep Stoshua from figuring out she's actually Willow, Willow begins to wonder just what Ivy is up to. 

I hated Ivy instantly. Part of that was because this was clearly Willow's story and since it is told from her POV we get to see everything that she has been through. But there was something about Ivy that instantly told me she wasn't up to any good. Even when they were kids, it just felt like something was off. I liked Willow, but her loyalty and devotion to her sister after everything was something that I flat out didn't understand. The more she learned about everything, the more she started to see what had been happening all those years that she was unaware of. Yet she still wanted to believe the best in Ivy and continued to run to her at the drop of a hat. I didn't get it, and frankly she should have been running in the opposite direction as far as I could tell, no matter what her family or anyone else thought. I liked Stoshua, but he wasn't without his own blame here. There were many things that he did that really pissed me off, and I wish that he had been more honest with Willow both in the past and in the present. I felt like these two needed to talk to one another more and after everything that they had been through I didn't get why they continued to make decisions or act without talking to one another first. The one thing that was clear though is that the connection and chemistry between Willow and Stoshua was one that had endured no matter what they had been through. They loved one another in a very deep and true way, and I really felt like their feelings had never diminished over the years apart. 

Overall, I really want to go into more about this book but I can't without spoiling anything and this is one of those books that you just have to experience. I do wish that we had been given Stoshua's POV as I think that it would have added so much to this story! I wanted to see what he was thinking and feeling as everything played out here. I have never met a character like Ivy before, and honestly I hated her right from the start. She is one of those that you just love to hate. You want to believe that with the right amount of help and love that she can change, but honestly I just don't see it happening. She is completely certifiable, and yet I do see some of what made her become the way she is. Though I don't condone anything she has done, I think that Jennifer Foor did a great job of showing how in her mind how she got to the point she is at. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens in the next book, and I already know that it is going to be another crazy ride for all these characters. While this book isn't for everyone and is very outlandish, I took it for what it was and found myself getting lost in all the crazy twists and turns. If you are looking for something realistic, I don't think that this book would be for you. The amount of crazy and out there circumstances for everything to happen here would never be something typical in real life, but if you are looking for something wild and different and very much like a crazy soap opera, this is one worth giving a shot!

**Review Copy Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment