in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, September 25, 2015

ARC Review: Sins of Sevin by Penelope Ward


Sins of Sevin is not my first book by Penelope Ward, but I will say that this one was unlike anything I have read from her before. It is a standalone forbidden romance, told in alternating POVs from Sevin and Evangeline. The one thing that I think readers should know ahead of time is that this book will not be for everyone because of some of the content here. While this one does deal with some very tough and touchy subjects though, I think that it is worth the read. It is heartbreaking and beautiful, and what I would call intensely emotional. I had intended to read a few hours before bed when I started and ended up reading the entire thing all at once because I absolutely couldn't put it down. Regardless of your views on the subjects here, I think that this is one of those books that stays with you and I know that Evangeline and Sevin will always be unforgettable to me. 

After Sevin's father dies, his ultra-religious stepmother helped to set him up with a job and a life with another religious family. Sevin was chosen to take over the family's business, but in order to do so he would have to become a part of that family himself. So over the course of a few months, Sevin began to court Elle, the daughter that was chosen as perfect for him. After the courtship began, Sevin moved to the family's guesthouse in order to prepare for the wedding and his new life. But the one thing he never expected was to find such a strong connection to someone he wanted to spend his life with. The only problem was that the one was actually Elle's sister Evangeline, and she felt the same way about Sevin. 

I really felt for both Sevin and Evangeline. Their connection was clear from their very first meeting, and I truly believed that these two were meant for one another. Their situation was messy and unexpected, and at times impossible. But it just made sense that while things were not easy or straightforward, they were supposed to find each other. I enjoyed seeing them bond over shared interests and a desire for a fulfilling life. They wanted more than just what they had been raised to want, and yet it wasn't like they were asking for much. These two just understood each other in a way that no one else did, and I loved that they supported one another in their wants and dreams. Their connection was intense and beautiful, and their chemistry off the charts. These two had it all, and yet they had so much standing in their way. 

This book was very emotional and full of heartache and angst. But it was also filled with love and hope even through the pain. My heart was breaking for these two and all that stood in their way, and at first glance it would be easy to pass judgement on them for the choices that they each made. I didn't agree with a lot of things that they did, and it made me extremely mad and hurt on each other's behalf at times. Yet I also understood what motivated them, and that they were truly doing what they felt the had to. It wasn't easy and it wasn't always pretty, but these two were human and in a situation that most of us could never even fathom. The one thing that was clear though was the fact that the love and connection between them never died, despite all that was thrown their way. This book had me feeling all the emotions, and I definitely shed tears for them both. I was so invested right from the start that I couldn't help but feel it all. I have really loved Penelope's books in the past, and I love her characters. But Sevin and Evangeline were unlike anyone else, and their story was one that I just felt strongly connected to. If you haven't read Penelope Ward's books, I highly recommend that you give them a chance. They are beautifully written and deeply emotional. Sins of Sevin is a great place to start and I think it is a must read. I cannot wait to read more from Penelope in the future, and I know that Sevin will always be one of my favorites.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes






0 comments :

Post a Comment