in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 20, 2015

ARC Review: Abby and the Cute One by Erin Butler


Abby and the Cute One by Erin Butler is the final installment in the Backstage Pass series. Each book is a standalone with interconnected characters. This book was cute and had some enjoyable moments, but I did have a few things that kept this one from being a five star read for me. 

With all the guys from Seconds to Juliet pairing off, Nathan Strong is the last single guy in the group. Their manager is working hard to get Nathan to take on the role of single heartthrob. Though LJ wants Nathan to fake a relationship and breakup for publicity, Nathan is actually interested in the new opening act, Abby Curtis. But they both know that if anyone finds out about them it will be bad for both, so Abby and Nathan are forced to sneak around to avoid being discovered. But the more they sneak around and their connection grows, the more they run the risk of losing everything.

I liked Abby and Nathan. They were really cute, and I thought they were great together. Nathan is the youngest member of the band, and they all sort of treated him as the younger brother. It was really adorable at times, and I like how they all were as a group. Abby was really sweet and cute as well, and it was really easy to like her. There really is no other way to describe these two but cute, but I really did enjoy them together. They were a bit shy and awkward at times and I found myself swooning at their young love. 

I will say that this book felt a bit rushed though and I was so over the crap with LJ (Seconds to Juliet's manager). After seeing everything that he has done over the course of this series, it just started to feel over the top and a bit too much like a soap opera for me. The other thing about this book is that it was a bit too predictable as well. I felt like it was definitely geared towards a younger audience, and it seemed to take on similar characteristics to other YA novels I have read. While there were things I liked, I just wanted this one to do some things differently rather than falling into familiar patterns and easy to guess outcomes. It was still cute, as is the entire series, but it was just okay as far as the story went. If you like YA stories and are a fan of boy bands and music, this is definitely a series to check out. I think that a lot of YA readers will really enjoy this book and the series.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 






0 comments :

Post a Comment