in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 4, 2016

ARC Review: Noah's Journey by C.A. Harms


Noah's Journey is the third book in the Sawyer Brothers series from C.A. Harms. Not only do I love this series, but I love everything I have read from Harms. Each book in this series is a standalone, but the characters are interconnected. If you haven't read the previous books though, you can absolutely jump in here with no problems. I really enjoyed Noah's story, and I liked seeing all my favorite characters from this series again! 

Noah was left with a broken heart when his girlfriend left him and the country life behind for the big city. He vowed to never give his heart away again, but four years later he is finally open to taking a chance with Alena. Things are going great until his ex suddenly returns to town, with her nearly four year old son who looks just like Noah. Finding out he is a father and missed out on so much with his son, Noah will do whatever it takes to make sure that he never misses anything again. But with his and Alena's relationship just starting, can he have both his son and the life he was beginning to build with Alena? 

I really liked these two. They had so much going for them, just to have everything change! I thought that both Alena and Noah handled things well, considering they had absolutely no idea how to deal with things. Yes they made mistakes and things were far from easy, but it was clear that both of them wanted to make things work despite everything that was going on. Alena had fears and insecurities from her childhood, and Noah's ex didn't help things. I felt really bad for her at times, and yet she was such a great person. She was supportive and understanding with Noah, and she really embraced his son right away. Noah was dedicated to his son and to showing him how important he was to him. I loved seeing him embrace that role instantly, and the love for Austin was clear right away. Though he didn't always handle things the best with Alena, it was clear that he cared about her. He had no idea what he was doing or how to balance everything, but he was trying and that was what really mattered. He also wasn't afraid to admit when he messed up and apologize, and honestly that is something that made me fall for him even more! These two had great chemistry and a clear connection, and I loved seeing them together! 

The only thing that I will say is that I felt like this book focused more everything that was going on with Noah and Austin as well as the family and his ex than it did on Noah and Alena's growing relationship. Their relationship almost felt like a subplot here with everything else that was going on. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing him become a father and learning how to deal with that change, but I missed some of Alena and Noah really connecting here. I believed their connection and their feelings, but I would have liked to have seen more of it. That was especially true for the epilogue. While it was good to see how things turned out down the road and getting caught up on all of the Sawyer brothers and their women, we saw a lot had gone on for Noah and Alena, yet we didn't get to experience it. There was so much more story there for them, and I was sad to have missed it. I felt like we were just told the highlights, and I think we missed out on a lot by not actually seeing it. I still really loved Noah and Alena, and I definitely think that fans of this series will enjoy this book. I have to say that I am most excited about the next book in this series though, and getting a glimpse at Olivia's story has me chomping at the bit for more! I have loved her since we first met her, and I cannot wait to get her story! After growing up with her dad and uncles, she is a feisty one and I know I am going to love her even more than I already do! I highly recommend this series, and you can't go wrong with anything from C.A. Harms.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | 





1 comments :

  1. I've read the first book and I really like the main characters and the way their relationships were developing. Hope the second and this, the third will be the same cool to read.

    ReplyDelete