in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 5, 2016

ARC Review: Fighting to Be Free by Kirsty Moseley


Fighting to Be Free is the first book I have read from Kirsty Moseley, but it won't be my last. This book was really good, and there was a lot to like. I will admit that I have some mixed feelings about the story, but I did enjoy it a lot and am definitely interested in reading the next book and seeing what happens for these characters. 

After being released from Juvie, Jamie Cole is determined to turn over a new leaf and get on the right path. He wants nothing more than to cut ties with crime boss Brett, but Brett isn't about to let Jamie go. But when Jamie meets Ellie Pearce, everything changes for both of them. Ellie wasn't looking for a relationship after ending a bad one recently, but she finds herself unable to fight the connection growing between her and Jamie. When things suddenly go wrong for Jamie, his world is once again altered, forcing him to strike a deal with Brett. But can he possibly have a future with Ellie, especially after she finds out that he has been keeping secrets from her?

I have to admit that part of my mixed feelings here were because of Ellie. As much as I wanted to love her, and she did have her moments, for the most part she came off as immature and it got to be very frustrating. She was sweet, but I just wanted her to grow up a bit at times. This story is really Jamie's though if I am honest, and I really liked his character. I really enjoyed seeing his ups and downs and how he struggled to turn his life around. I found him really interesting, and I definitely thought that he was the highlight of this book. The chemistry and connection between these two was strong, I just wish that I had been able to relate more to Ellie and that she didn't irritate me as much as she did at times while reading. 

Overall, I did enjoy this story even with my frustrations. I would rate this one somewhere between 3 and 4 stars, leaning towards 4. This book definitely had the feel of the guy from the wrong side of the tracks falling in love with the good girl, and I really love where Kirsty Moseley took us with these two. I am definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series, as this one ends with things being left open ended for these characters. While there isn't a huge cliffhanger, there is room for more for these two and I know I will be interested in reading it. This might have been my first Kirsty Moseley book, but it won't be my last.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment