in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 24, 2016

Audiobook Review: Jake Undone by Penelope Ward, Narrated by Felicity Munroe and Brian Pallino


I loved Jake Undone when I first read it, but I forgot just how much until I listened to the audiobook. This was the perfect way to relive this story all over again in a completely new way. I loved getting to experience one of my favorite books as if it was the first time again, and I thought that the narrators did a great job of bringing Jake and Nina to life. Penelope Ward wrote such a great story, and Felicity Munroe and Brian Pallino really did these characters justice.

When Nina moves in with her friend Ryan, she is instantly drawn to her new roommate Jake. Not only is Jake hot, but he is really smart and excels in math which is the one area Nina struggles with. Jake agrees to help Nina study on one condition, if she doesn't get an A on her tests and assignments, she must face her fears in whatever way he comes up with. As Jake and Nina spend more time together, they continue to grow closer and soon they both want more than friendship. But Jake continues to keep Nina at arm's length and with every weekend that he spends in Boston, Nina wonders what he is keeping from her. Just as things appear to finally be happening between them, everything changes as Jake's secret is finally revealed. 

I love Jake and Nina so much. Getting to experience their story in a whole new way just increased how much I was invested in their relationship. The chemistry between these two is so strong, right from their very first meeting. It felt so much more real with the added bonus of getting to hear their story. The narrators really brought them to life, giving them even more depth and emotion. You could feel everything that they were going through, and I was so glad that the narrators did such a great job of bringing out the connection between these two. 

Overall, I loved this audiobook and it made me love the story even more than I had before. Penelope Ward is a brilliant writer, giving readers well thought out and emotional stories that have something that everyone can relate to. Jake and Nina's story, like all of Penelope's books, was not an easy journey and they had a lot to work through. But at the heart of her stories is the message that despite everything, love is worth the pain and sacrifice and that was never more apparent than here. If you are a fan of Penelope's, this is definitely one you don't want to miss. If you are new to her, I highly recommend all her books but Jake is one of my absolute favorites. After listening to this story, I look forward to more from these narrators and I think that readers will enjoy this experience just as much as I did.

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment