in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Audiobook Review: To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt, Narrated by Anne Flosnik


Since I started “The Maiden Lane” series I am hocked on Elizabeth Hoyt. When I finished that latest book “Duke of Pleasure” I jumped up and ran to see the first available book by her. Since I have a million books to read I picked an audio book to listen to instead of reading.  “To Beguile a Beast” is a part of the “Legend of the Four Soldiers” series not “The Maiden Lane.”  I looked at the reviews and really liked the plot.

This book is classic Hoyt.  The heroine is a beautiful woman with two children.  Helen is running away from her former life and at a friend’s suggestion she has ventured into the home of Sir Alistair Munroe.  Alistair is a recluse. After a very bad skirmish with the native Americans he is left wounded and permanently scarred. Alistair is a bitter man and that last thing he wants is a woman-even if she is a beautiful woman- and her two children.

Helen doesn’t have too many options. She is running away with her children and even though she is frightened by Alistair and slightly intimidated by his very callous attitude she has nowhere else to run to.  She sets her mind to it and decides that Alistair has to take her on as his house maid and she will fight until he does. 

First, although I really love alpha heroes, Alistair was very rough. He was not very enduring and his physical appearance had nothing to do with it. Second, it wasn’t until more than half way through that I really started to like him and want him and Helen to find their happily-ever-after.  Helen was an ok heroine at first. She seemed very undecided and weak bust she too grew stronger for me. The reason that I really enjoyed this story is because of all the deep and sweet moments that they all share.  There were many, many scenes that I clutched at my heart and just sighed because it really highlighted the pain and vulnerability of the characters.  Alistair really steps up and finally proves himself worthy of the hero title and I really liked that!  Just when Helen and Alistair are finally finding their way to each other Helen’s past comes to haunt her.  Alistair is way too involved and can’t turn his back on her.

Anne Flosnik is a great narrator. I’ve heard different books read by her and she really gets the characters and brings them to life. I really enjoy her narrations.  As I mentioned before, Hoyt is such a great author.  I’ve yet to read or hear a book of hers and not be moved by it. 

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment