in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 14, 2017

ARC Review: Hello Forever by Sarina Bowen


Hello Forever is the second book in the Hello Goodbye series by Sarina Bowen, but it is a standalone story. This book was previously published under a different name by Sarina's Pseudonym Nealy Wagner. I was so excited to read this one after loving Goodbye Paradise. Fans of that story will enjoy getting to catch up with Josh and Caleb here just as I did. They are impossible not to love, so it was definitely good to see them again. But while I liked Hello Forever and Axel and Caxton, I didn't love their story or them like I did Goodbye Paradise. 

Axel and Caxton were close friends who were turning into more as teenagers when they were caught making out in the woods. Cax disappeared and wasn't to be seen again. Now six years later, Axel is shocked to spot Cax in the crowd of some basketball footage for the school he is thinking about accepting a position at. Knowing that he can't just let Cax disappear again, Axel takes the job and they find themselves face to face after years of no contact. But while Axel is out and proud, Cax is very much in the closet and his life depends on it staying that way. While Cax would love nothing more than to be with Axel and finally be himself, he knows that it can't be that way. But Axel is willing to take what he can get if it means a chance to have Cax at all. Can they find a way to be together, or will they both lose everything?

I liked Axel and Cax. They had a clear and obvious connection and the chemistry between them was strong. I felt like they really belonged together and I liked getting to know them. But I didn't feel the same passion and intensity that was between Josh and Caleb and I found myself comparing them to the other couple a lot. I just wasn't as connected to them, and I wish that there had been a bit more to draw me in when it came to their relationship. I wanted to feel invested in them, but I wasn't fully able to. 

Overall, I liked this story and it was good. It just wasn't great like Goodbye Paradise and I had been hoping for a bit more. I still think that fans of Sarina's will enjoy this story as I did, especially if they love Josh and Caleb like I did. But while I liked this book, I didn't love it. Sarina Bowen is a great writer though, and this won't be the last I read from her.

**ARC Provided by Bocci PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment