in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 13, 2018

ARC Review: When Light Leads to You by C.R. Ellis


https://www.amazon.com/When-Light-Leads-Forget-Knot-ebook/dp/B07DK4HS8Z/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1534182264&sr=1-1&keywords=9781732313125&dpID=510vlqQt%252ByL&preST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
When Light Leads to You is the second book in the Forget Me Knot series by C.R. Ellis. This book is a standalone, so don’t worry if you haven’t read the first in the series as it isn’t necessary to understand anything here. This is my first book by Ellis, and while the story did have promise, ultimately I struggled with it.

Jasmine has been in love with her best friend’s brother for as long as she can remember. However once upon a time when she thought things were finally changing between them, he broke her heart. She vowed to move on and never let anyone in again, preferring to keep things casual with guys. But when Dean moves back to town and takes the apartment across the hall from her, she finds it impossible to avoid him. Dean doesn’t know where things went wrong with Jasmine, but he is determined to get to the bottom of it, especially since the more he is around her the more he wants her for his own. But can he repair the damage he unknowingly caused years ago and show her that they belong together?

I will admit that a big part of my issues here was the fact that the characters were on the immature and dramatic size. Despite being adults and being successful in their chosen careers, living on their own and having been years out of school, these two reacted poorly the majority of the time. They overreacted and took things too far. They were judgmental and quick to cast blame without giving the other a chance to explain things. When the other would try, they wouldn’t listen. It got old very quickly and was unfortunately a deal breaker for me. When it kept going well after the turning point of the story, I just felt like I couldn’t be invested anymore. I kept reading to see how things played out but the damage was already done for me as a reader. I just couldn’t understand how things could be so “strong” between them, yet both of them continued to act the same way.

Overall, I think that there are a lot of readers that will enjoy this one and I recommend giving it a shot if it sounds like something you might enjoy. For me this was a miss, but that doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy it. I think had I not been so frustrated with the characters that I would have enjoyed it a lot.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |







0 comments :

Post a Comment