in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Seducing The Governess by Margo Maguire

I was very excited to read this book. I had heard a lot of great things about it and I just love the premise of the Lord of the Manor falling for the governess. Boy was I disappointed. This book started off so good and then kind of just fizzled out. I loved the beginning of the book and seeing the banter between Nash and Mercy, but once I got towards the middle of the book everything seemed to slow down immensely. It actually was a bit boring. I just kept reading waiting for something to happen. I found it very frustrating at times. I don't understand putting things into stories just to put it in. There were some things  that she would allude to but nothing ever came of it. I just don't understand why it was there.

Another thing that I disliked was the last bit of the book. It just seemed so rushed. Almost as if she realized that the book was ending so she just had to solve everything. Some things just didn't work for me. Like Mercy, she has no recollection of her early childhood and then all of a sudden she is dreaming about it. Seriously? It just seemed so convenient. Both Mercy and Nash's mysteries are solved so simply.

I would have also liked to have seen a bit more interaction between Mercy and Nash before they fall into bed together. They share one kiss and all of a sudden Mercy is falling into Nash's bed. It didn't seem very consistent with what we had already been shown of Mercy's personality. Don't get me wrong, I love the two of them together I just feel like it was a bit rushed.

I am curious to read the next book in this series. The premise seems very interesting and I would love to see more of Mercy and Nash.

0 comments :

Post a Comment