in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ARC Review: Lord of Rage by Jill Monroe


I'm not totally sure of how I feel about Lord of Rage. I liked it, but at the same time I'm left with a felling of blah. I was just hoping for so much more that I got. This book started off so good for me, and then it just kind of fizzled out. It seemed that once we got to the middle of the book, it just seemed to go on forever with really nothing happening. It was just a little slow for my tastes.

This book continues with the series theme of the retelling of fairy tales. The theme of this one was Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I just loved the spin of the bears being beserkers. I haven't come across many stories that feature beserkers, and it's a refreshing change of pace to see a different types of paranormal beings featured as the hero. I really enjoyed learning about the myths and culture customs surrounding the beserkers. And as for Osborn, I liked his character a lot. He's upfront and not afraid to tell it like it is. And I love that he is aware of his attraction to Breena. It was actually quite refreshing to watch both Breena and Osborn interacting with each other. They are both so explosive together and I loved watching them clash. My only issue is how long it took them to come together. It just seemed to drag on forever.

 So far I am loving the fairy tale spins each author is using in their book and I can't wait to see how Lord of the Wolfyn turns out.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

RATING:



0 comments :

Post a Comment