in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Review: His Darkest Salvation by Juliana Stone

Oh. My. Goodness. All I can think to say is "wow," this book was just so freaking good. I honestly couldn't put it down. I stayed up all night reading it. From the first page, it was full of non-stop action. I just found myself continuously turning the page.

I just love both Jaden and Julian. They were just so right for each other. I will admit, I may have a slight girl crush on Jaden. She's just so kickass. She's strong, fierce, spunky and yet still vulnerable. She has a lot of issues with her family, mainly her father and it just broke my heart to see the pain he caused her. I also loved seeing how truly vulnerable she was with Julian. She may have put up this front that she's strong and doesn't need him, but inside she just wants him to accept her as his mate.

As for Julian, he has a lot of issues he's dealing with. First, he just spent six months in hell having pieces of his soul ripped away, and now he's back only to find out that he's been mated to Jaden DaCosta for the past three years. That is something that he doesn't even want to deal with. He's got way more important issues, but as much as he tries to put Jaden out of his mind he is finding that he can't. Julian is extremely attracted to her and thinks about their night they spent together frequently. Julian may be attracted to Jaden but nothing can ever come of it. First he's missing half of his soul and is on a mission to get it back. And secondly, and most important, Jaden is a DaCosta. The Castille's and the DaCosta are sworn enemies and Julian definitely doesn't trust Jaden, so what if they are mated? It's just one horrible cosmic joke.

I really enjoyed watching these two grow and learn to trust each other as the story progressed. There are just so many sparks between the two of them that the all of their scenes together just pop off of the page. I just loved watching the way these two are constantly sparring with each other and seeing their witty comebacks towards one another. I also enjoyed being able to see what was going on with the other Castille brothers. We were able to see what they have been up to since the last book left off.

We were also given more insight into both Declan and Ana and I honestly can't wait to see what happens with these two in Declan's book Wicked Road To Hell. I've been wanting to know more about these two ever since they were introduced in the first book and with the way this book left off I am definitely chomping at the bit to get my hands on it.

RATING:

                       
Review originally posted at Tigris Eden's Garden of Books

3 comments :

  1. Wow, this is the first I've heard of this book, but it sounds fantastic! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He finds that he is mated?! Whoa. Hmmm... this definitely sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @This book was really good. You both you definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete