in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Review: Bound For Pleasure by Ann Mayburn

Bound For Pleasure is a quick and saucy short, though I'll be honest and say that I didn't really like it all that much. It's supposed to be this BDSM erotic story but it was really depressing for me to read. Both of the main characters have lost their significant others within the past few years and they just seem to reflect on it too much for my liking. Not that I am heartless or don't think that they should mourn their loss, it's just when I'm reading a smut scene I don't want to be reminded of their pain and suffering. I don't want to know the color of the heroes dead wife's eye color. It just makes me feel removed from the scene and I feel sad. I don't want to feel sad when reading smut.

My other issue with this story was the character of the photographer. I honestly don't think the story needed him and his plot line just didn't seem to flow with everything else. I don't think this short needed a "villian". It should have just focused on the main characters and their coming together. 

Overall, this was just an okay story, nothing all that special. It had the potential to be a pretty spicy read but it just fell flat for me.

**Copy provided by author**

RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment