in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 29, 2012

ARC Review: How To Ravish a Rake by Vicky Dreiling

I'm sad to say that I did not enjoy this book as much as I was hoping to. The last book left me on such a high but with this book it just kinda dragged on for me during the beginning. I'm not sure if it was because of the conflict between Amy and Will or maybe because I was expecting more banter between. I just felt like something was missing.

For the last few seasons Amy has spent her time on Wallflower row and is determined to make herself over this season and find herself a love match. If she doesn't succeed she will be forced to return home to the local vicar and a loveless marriage. What she didn't plan on was the attention of Will "The Devil" Darcett. When they are both caught in a compromising situation, Will knows he must offer to marry Amy so that she is able to salvage her reputation even though the last thing he wanted was to be married. Neither are expecting much from the marriage, especially passion and love.

I enjoyed Will and Amy's relationship and I loved watching it grow to love. Neither wanted to be with the other at first, but I liked that they quickly started to see the good in one another. There was definite passion and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Will "court" Amy.

I felt Will was so different than we are lead to believe. He has this "Devil" persona and is regaled as one of the biggest rake's in ton and also has no feelings but I didn't really see that side of him. Yes, he's carefree and doesn't really want to grow up, but I found him to be a genuinely nice and intelligent man who has a lot of family issues he is trying to work through.


As for Amy, I think we saw a completely different character than what we were shown in previous books. In this book she has no problem speaking her mind and is quick to stick up for her husband when need be. She has also become the ton fashion adviser. It just didn't seem right to me. What happened to the shy outcast?

Though I'm gripping, I really did enjoy the story and the relationship between Amy and Will. I found the progression of their relationship to feel real and I enjoyed watching it unfold. I also love that we were able to see more of Hester. She is definitely one of my favorite characters. I also found myself really drawn to the character of Bell and I really hope that the author gives him his own book. He literally broke my heart and he is in definite need of a HEA.

**ARC copy provided by Author**

Purchase:
| Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |

RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment