in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, March 31, 2012

ARC Review: A Lady's Revenge by Tracey Devlyn

I will be honest, I'm having the hardest time trying to formulate what I want to say about this book. It was very good and definitely not what I was expecting. This story is not for the faint of heart. It definitely isn't a light read, but a dark and intense tale. Watching Cora try to overcome everything that has happened to her was at times difficult, but I was so transfixed with the story I just kept turning the pages wanting more. More Cora, more Guy. Just what was going to happen with them and would Cora ever recover from everything and would she let Guy in.

When Cora was just ten years old, both of her parents were murdered. She has spent the last thirteen years thinking of a way to get revenge on the French man that murdered them. During the last three years she has been in France working as a spy seducing secrets from them. When her latest mission goes awry, she is captured and tortured by the man she believes to be behind the death of her parents. After weeks of torture she is saved by her old childhood friend Guy.

Guy has been sent to France to retrieve the spy Raven. Imagine his surprise when the woman he is sent to retrieve turns out to be the sister of his best friend. Guy can't believe his eyes and knows he has to do everything he can to save Cora. Once he frees Cora they escape back to England only to find out that her captor is on the loose and most likely after Cora.

Throughout the story Guy is constantly looking out for Cora and doing everything he can to keep her safe. Guy is everything I love in a hero. He's strong, intelligent and willing to do anything to save the woman he loves, and that woman is Cora deBeau. He puts himself on the line more than once and he is willing to do anything to help Cora. He knows she's scarred and wounded from her ordeal and he is willing to wait for her.

If I were ever put in Cora's situation I would definitely falter and hide myself in a corner and cry, but not Cora. Cora is constantly fighting for herself and her loved ones. She will do whatever it takes to keep them safe and I truly find her commendable. Watching Cora overcome everything and eventually find her way into Guy's arms was great to see. They both had such strong chemistry and the sparks between them literally jumped off the page.

After finishing this story I can't wait to see what's next from Tracey Devlyn. If all her books are as good as this one I know she will quickly become one of my favorites. This book is a must read.


**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Purchase:
| Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |


RATING:

2 comments :

  1. This sounds like a fantastic read. Can't wait to start this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honest review, Dani!
    I was iffy about adding this title to my list of anticipated reads, but it def sounds like my type of read. I love it "dark and twisty" (grey's anatomy reference! lol)

    ReplyDelete