in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review: The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to my rating of this book which is 3 and a half stars, but it honestly did not live up to my expectations. I'm not sure if it was because I've been waiting for this book for what seems like forever or if it was something else. Honestly, I don't really even have anything bad to say about it. Just for some reason I wasn't able to connect with this book like I was able to with the others. For me this book just seemed to drag on and on.

I think I just had a harder time trying to connect with Paris. Throughout the series he has been one of my favorites of the Lords, but in this book there was just something about him. I'm not sure if it was his tendency to be slightly too possessive and controlling of Siena or what, but he came across too alpha for me at times. I found myself rolling my eyes more than once and putting the book down out of sheer frustration. I hated that he tries to forbid Siena to do anything. I understand, he just wants her safe but damn, give the girl a chance. Don't get me wrong, I love alpha males but I hate when they don't let the heroine think and act for themselves.

Siena was actually a surprise to me. She had more backbone and spunk then I was expecting. She continuously stands up for herself and the ones that she loves. I really admired that about her. She isn't some simpering heroine that sits back expecting everyone to fix everything for her. She finds her own solutions to her problems. Another thing I liked about Siena is her complete honesty with Paris. She doesn't lie or play games. She is real with him and I really enjoyed watching their relationship pan out.

There were also a lot twists and turns in this book that I did not see coming and they made me very anxious for the next book. Certain things have transpired and I'm dying to see what becomes of them and the Lords.

Purchase:
| Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |

RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment