in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 27, 2012

ARC Review: Lessons From a Scandalous Bride by Sophie Jordan

I really enjoy this story. I liked the chemistry between Cleo and Logan. I liked the dynamics between them.

Cleopatra Hadley has wants no part of being married. She has watched her mother time and again get used and discarded by her step father one too many times and is not a fan of the consequences. So when her long father comes to collect her in the hopes that she will marry and marry well she know she must think of a plan. She decides to set her cap for Lord Thrumgoodie who is just one step from the grave. She knows that he would never be able to consummate the marriage and that is exactly what she wants.

Lord Logan McKinney is a nobleman from Scotland and desperately needs to find an heiress to marry. His castle is falling apart and there is no money to take care of his family. He knows it's his duty to marry an heiress but all his plans go awry after meeting the vibrant Cleo. She tempts him as no other has and he can't deny that the more he's around her the closer he wants to be to her. There is just something about her that pulls him in and he finds it increasingly difficult to stay away.

Cleo wants no parts of Logan. Yes, he has awakened desires inside of her she didn't know she had or even craved, but there is no way she can be trapped into a marriage like her mother was. What starts out as a innocent kiss quickly leads to more and the two soon find it impossible to keep their hands off of each other.
Cleo knows she must resist Logan, but how can she when his kisses are like a drug and she keeps wanting more.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I loved the chemistry between Logan and Cleo. It was refreshing. Logan is thoroughly pursuing Cleo throughout most of the story and I quite enjoyed it. It's not too often when we see a hero so persistent. I like that Logan was able to help bring Cleo defenses down. Not only that, but he was incredibly passionate and tender with her.

I liked Cleo but at times she had me a bit frustrated. She was so hung up on what happened with her mother that she doesn't look to see what's right in front of her. She continuously pushes Logan away because she doesn't want to let him in or tell him the truth. I just hated that she was so stubborn at times.

All in all, I really enjoyed this story and I look forward to the next installment in the series.

**ARC copy provided by Edelweiss**

Purchase:
| Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |

2 comments :

  1. Oh, poor Cleo. I can certainly understand how she would be terrified of marriage after witnessing the heartbreak that her mother must have suffered over and over. It sounds like Logan really has his work cut out for him trying to convince naive Cleo that he won't hurt her but will love her forever. What a fabulous story! I just cannot wait to read "Lessons from a Scandalous Bride." Sophie Jordan is an incredible author whose novels must be challenging to write to portray a situation such as Cleo's. I'm really crossing my fingers in hopes of winning this ARC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot my email!

    Connie
    conniecape@aol.com

    ReplyDelete