in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ARC Review: Seducing Mr. Knightly by Maya Rodale


There aren't enough words to express just how much I LOVED this book. When I read Seducing Mr. Knightly I was in a reading slump and it quickly pulled me out and has definitely made my list of favorite books for 2012. This book was superb and it just reminds me why I love Maya Rodale's work so much. I couldn't seem stop myself once I started reading this book. It was just so consuming and just so very good.

Annabelle works as a advice columnist at The London Weekly and has been in love with the owner/editor in chief Derek Knightly for the past four years. Determined to finally gain his attention, she writes to her readers asking for their advice on how to attract his attention. With all of the suggestions pouring in, Annabelle quickly begins to take action. From wearing more enticing gowns with lower bodices to pretending to faint into his arms, Annabelle is willing to try anything to get Derek's attention.

Derek has never really noticed Annabelle outside of the fact that she was one of his infamous lady writers. But for someone reason lately she's been starting to stand out and he can't seem to get her off of his mind. When it's brought to his attention that Annabelle has sought out help from her readers to gain the attentions of a certain "nodcock" he can't help but wonder who exactly she is pursuing and why does the thought of her with another man seem to make him jealous?

I loved, loved, loved these two together. I found the build up to their relationship to be sweet. Annabelle has been in love with Derek for what seems like forever and I loved that everyone knows but him. I liked that their relationship wasn't rushed and we were able to see the growth between them.

I liked that this book had quite a lot of humor in it. Some of the scenes with Derek and Annabelle are really quite hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times. Both characters were fun to read and I loved getting to know them both. Both Annabelle and Derek were such a great match and I really enjoyed their HEA.

Like I said before, this book is definitely one of my favorites of the year and I definitely can't wait to read more from Mrs. Rodale. I just love the way she is able to mix humor in her books while still making it feel sexy and romantic.

**ARC copy provided by Edeleweiss**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |

2 comments :

  1. That's good to know I love this series and I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really cute! I haven't read a good historical in a long time.

    ReplyDelete