in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 2, 2012

ARC Review: Double Time by Olivia Cunning


First let me start off by saying that Trey's book was released out of order. Trey's book was supposed to be the last in the series so when you read it there will be spoilers for the next two books in the series. Why this happened, I have no idea.

Oh my goodness. Wow, this book was hot! Definitely NSFW or public. Very steamy. I found myself blushing red quite frequently with Trey's antics. I really enjoyed this book. In fact, it's safe to say that it's my favorite of the series so far. I have always had a soft spot for Trey and I'm so happy that he finally got his HEA.

While this book had plenty of steamy sex scenes it was also filled with a lot of emotion. I enjoyed that we were able to see Trey grow. We as readers are able to see Trey go from a heartbroken man who uses sex with random people as a way of coping with his feelings. To someone that is able to open his heart again and find love.

Trey is bisexual and uses meaningless sex with strangers as a way to cope with his pain. He's never been in a real relationship before. That all changes once he meets Reagan. When Trey first encounters Reagan she is at an audition to become the new rhythm guitarist for Exodus End, his brother Dare's band. Immediately they hit it off and sparks fly. Both realize quickly that they want to be with one another and quickly jump into a relationship. Everything is great between the two, but Trey is hiding something from Reagan. She has no idea that Trey is bisexual and Trey wants to keep it that way. He has given up men, or at least he wants to.

When Trey first lays his eyes on Ethan, Reagan's best friend/roommate and also her ex boyfriend he quickly realizes that Ethan is bisexual, not gay likes Reagan believes. Not only is he not gay, he recognizes that Ethan is still in love with Reagan. And to make matters all that more complicated Ethan keeps hitting on Trey. Trey is attracted to Ethan as well but has serious feelings for Reagan and doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize their relationship. Soon Reagan learns the truth about Trey's true sexual desires and in an attempt to not hurt her any further Trey breaks things off between the two. Reagan in an attempt to keep Trey proposes the idea that Trey can have sex with Ethan as long as it's him and no one else.

This is where things start to bother me. Don't get me wrong, these three were freaking hot together. I mean, some of the scenes are dirrtay and I loved it but I just think Reagan was too quick to jump onto the menage idea. It just didn't feel true to her character. One moment she's crying over her heart being broken and then in the next breath she's proposing that they try a menage. I just don't buy it. Also, everything between the three just became so easy. There is somehow no drama at all. I'm just not sure how I feel about the three-way relationship as a whole.While I thought it was way hot I just always felt weird whenever Reagan and Ethan would do anything without Trey. I just felt a sense of betrayal on Trey's behave. I know that he's okay with everything it just felt not right to me.

As for the characters themselves, I really liked Reagan and Trey. I thought that they both brought out the best in each other and Reagan was such a good match for Trey. Both are sarcastic and witty and I really enjoyed them together. As for Ethan, there was something that I just did not like about him. I'm not really sure what, but I was never really able to warm up to him. Yes, he's hot and his sex scenes are muy caliente, there was just something missing for me.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait for the next installment in The Sinners series. I also hope that the author writes a book for Trey's brother Dare. Oh how I love him and I want to know all of his secrets. But seriously, despite some of my issues I LOVED this book and I could not put it down. Trey lived up to all of my expectations and more. Trey is one dirty boy and I loved it! Seriously, this book is H.O.T!

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment