in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ARC Review: Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian


AMAZING! I could not put this book down. It was everything I was hoping for and more. Lara Adrian definitely doesn't disappoint. I love the direction the series is going in and I can't wait to read more. Love, love, LOVED it.

I admit I was a bit skeptical about this book. Twenty years is a big time jump and I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about little Mira all of sudden being a adult and trying to obtain her HEA. I shouldn't have worried because this book was amazing.

The pain and heartache that Mira experiences with losing Kellan makes my heart hurt. You feel her pain and even though it's been eight years since his death, she still isn't over the loss. She lays the blame for the death of Kellan at the door of rebel fighters. She is convinced it's their fault that Kellan was killed in a warehouse fire eight years ago. It's because of her hatred of the rebels that gets her in trouble and subsequently gets her pulled from active duty. When a chance encounter brings her face to face with the only man she's ever loved and whom she thought was dead, she proceeds to question everything she's ever known or believe about.

Kellan has always loved Mira wholeheartedly and wanted nothing but to love her and keep her safe by his side. But when he looks into her eyes and sees a glimpse of their future together, one that doesn't end with a happy ending, he knows in his heart he will do anything he can to protect her. So he leaves and fakes his death in order to keep her safe. Yet, he's never been able to keep himself far away from her. She owns his heart and soul and he'll never be complete without Mira by his side.

Oh how my heart ached while reading this book. There is just so much raw emotion between Mira and Kellan. Your heart breaks for them and you want nothing more than for them to get their long awaited HEA. The love these two feel for one another is raw, intense and in your face. As a reader, you never doubt the love they have for one another for a second.

What I love about this book and actually the series as a whole is that it's not predictable and the characters aren't cookie cutter. With this book there are so many twist and turns that I didn't even see coming. Lara Adrian keeps me on my toes and I love that. In my opinion Edge of Dawn is the best in the series and I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to see what next for this series.

**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |







3 comments :

  1. This was a wicked good read - great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! Yeah, definitely my favorite of the series and I can't wait to see what's in-store next.

      Delete
  2. I read the first three books in the series about a year ago - thanks for the reminder that I need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete