in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Never Too Far by Abbi Glines

Let me start off by saying that I was not sure how much I was going to enjoy this book. I love to read books from a series and I have a major need to see a story through. I very rarely start a series and don't finish it...there is just something that bothers me about not knowing how things end! So of course I had to check this one out to see the continuing story of Rush and Blaire.

I had quite a few problems with this book. The first problem I had was that the story seemed to just rehash the same old thing over and over. A problem would seem to be resolved and the couple would move on only to circle right back. Probably because the only way they really solved any of their problems was through sex. I'm all for some good sex scenes, especially if they are well written and are a natural part of the story. However I felt that the author used them as a way to resolve the issues between the couple without ever really solving any of the problems.

The second problem I had was Rush. He would try to convince Blaire of all the reasons they should be together, only to turn around and make mistake after mistake. I felt like he was way too attached to Nan and was constantly putting her before Blaire. Where was the Rush from Fallen Too Far, who had made the choice that he wouldn't allow his sister and the family to stand between him and Blaire? It just seemed to be a completely different character from the first book to the second.

As for Blaire, I really missed the strong person she had become in the first book. What happened to the girl who would stand up for herself and even go to the point of pulling a gun on more than one character when needed? She just seemed to roll over and take what she could get. Often through this book I wondered why she wouldn't just say something or confront Rush about the choices he was making.

Overall, this book was a let down. It had a lot of problems and inconsistencies from what had been introduced in the first book. It also ended extremely abruptly. Although I'm guessing that the author did that in order to encourage people to buy Forever Too Far (book #3). Hopefully that book will do a better job of continuing the story of Blaire and Rush for the sake of the characters and the readers. The high point of this book for me was Woods (Blaire's boss & friend). He really stepped up to help Blaire and I really loved how his character developed over the course of the book! I enjoyed his scenes from this book the most and I can't wait to read his story in Twisted Perfection!

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment