in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 1, 2013

ARC Review: Torn by KA Robinson

I really enjoyed the first half of this book and then it all went to crap. I got to the last quarter of the book and thought about putting it down and walking away. The characters became super annoying. The heroine Chloe, all she does is cry and she can't figure out who she wants to be with. Actually, she knows that she wants to be with Drake but she keeps stringing Logan along because she's afraid of losing his friendship.

Don't even get me started on the love triangle. I never once believed Chloe had any feelings towards Logan but friendship, yet she gets with him because Drake pushes her away. I could have done without the love scenes between the two because Logan wasn't the main focus. I felt it just took away from the Chloe/Drake dynamic and it just felt awkward and uncomfortable reading.

Yet with all the games Chloe plays with Logan and Drake they both still want to be with her and I just don't understand why. She's a horrible person and doesn't know what she wants. Ugh. Logan annoyed me so much in the beginning because he's overly possessive of Chloe. At the time they are only friends yet he continuously runs guys off that show any interest in Chloe. It was too much at times. I get that he has feelings for her but I don't understand how that would ever be okay between friends.

With Drake we are continuously told that he's a bad boy and no good for Chloe, yet I never saw it. Yes, he's sort of a man whore but I in no way saw him as a bad boy. So he's got piercings, I never realized that made someone bad.

All in all, what started off as a really great book with lots of potential turned in to crap. I didn't care about the characters or the outcome of their story.


**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



1 comments :

  1. I hate when a book tries to force a romance without first establishing character personalities and a plausible connection. Sorry this didn't work for you.

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete