in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

ARC Review: Outside the Lines by Kimberly Kincaid


Outside The Lines is the third book in a novella series by Kimberly Kincaid and is the first one that I have read. This book can be read as a stand alone, and I didn't feel lost once. I really enjoyed this short and sweet story. After reading Jules and Blake's story, I find myself wanting to start at the beginning and read the previous books. Kimberly Kincaid is definitely an author I will be keeping an eye on and I cannot wait to read more from her.

After an injury at work, Jules is taken to the ER by her boss. She never expects to run into her ex-fiance there though. Having broken up with him eight years ago by letter, she is not ready to explain all the reasons that she ended their relationship despite being in love with him. Blake never expects to see Jules either, and hopes that this run-in will give him some of the answers to questions he has had for eight long years. But Jules runs out on him as fast as possible. Little does she know that he is a liaison for the charity event she is organizing and catering. When the two begin to see each other more and work on the event, it is clear that both of them still feel the same chemistry and attraction that they once felt. But after all the secrets and heartache, can they possibly have a future together and what happens when the secrets that tore them apart eight years ago finally come to light?

I really loved Jules. She was hardworking and determined. Suffering from a horrible past, she always felt as though she wasn't good enough for Blake. It was so real to see that she had weaknesses and was as normal as the rest of us. It made her progress and growth that much more sweet and believable. It was impossible not to root for her from the very start. Blake was sweet and encouraging. I loved that he never judged Jules or looked down on her despite the difference in their circumstances. He truly cared about her because of her personality and did a wonderful job of being supportive and helping her grow as a person. They were fun to read about and the depth of their feelings for each other were so realistic despite the short length of this novella. I never once questioned whether their connection and relationship was authentic.

Overall, this was a quick read for me that I thoroughly enjoyed. Blake and Jules were so sweet and perfect together and this story just made me happy by reading it. This story is just one of those feel good books that you want to lose yourself in and I can tell you that that is exactly what I did. Anyone who is a fan of romance stories and likes them short and sweet will definitely enjoy this story. I can't wait to read more in the future from Kimberly Kincaid, starting with the previous two novellas in this series.

**ARC provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon |



0 comments :

Post a Comment