in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 26, 2013

ARC Review: On Every Street by Karina Halle


On Every Street is the prequel to Karina Halle's The Artists Trilogy. I had heard a little about this series before starting this, but didn't know much about them other than that people seemed to really love them. I cannot believe that it took me this long to read this! I was blown away with this prequel and I know that I will be getting little sleep until I devour the rest of this series. I absolutely have to know what happens next. After reading On Every Street, I feel completely emotionally wrung out. But in a totally good way. This story really drew me into it, and I feel very invested in these characters! This book had me on an emotional roller coaster and really made me feel very strongly about what I was reading.

Ellie is a con artist with only one thing on her mind. Revenge. She was ruined years ago by a drug lord and has vowed to make him pay. After honing her skills with the help of an old friend of her con artist parents, she sets out to work a long con. She never expects that her mark, one of the drug lord's henchman will be someone that she could possibly fall in love with though. Having changed her name to Eden, Ellie sets out to seduce Javier. Javier is not just an average criminal though, and soon she begins to think about really being with Javier and giving up her quest for revenge. As Ellie (now Eden) and Javier begin a passionate relationship, secrets and lies threaten to tear them apart as lines are blurred. Can Ellie and Javier make their relationship work, or were they doomed from the start?

I really liked Javier. Yes, he works for a cartel and has done some terrible things. But he was also sexy and protective, willing to do whatever it took to look after Eden. He was dangerous and dark, but underneath all that he seemed to wish that he was better for Eden and it was clear that he struggled with it all. Ellie had a hard life. She was damaged from her past and being pretty much alone. It was clear that she was vulnerable and was looking for a way to heal herself. I really liked her and Javier together. I felt like they really balanced each other out and were good for each other. They were extremely hot together and had amazing chemistry. These two were so attracted to each other that it felt as though they would combust at any time just from being near each other. They had highs and lows, and at times they absolutely broke my heart! I felt so strongly about them and became very emotionally invested in them.

Overall, this story was fabulous and I really loved it. I felt the connection between Eden/Ellie and Javier was very real, and although it wasn't perfect it seemed right. Not only did I feel their connection to each other, but I also felt very connected to them. These characters are deep and interesting and I loved them flaws and all. The ending of this story left me absolutely shattered and I found myself wanting to scream at Javier. How could he do that? He did something and it just left me completely gutted. I cannot wait to read more and finish this series. I know that the road to the end isn't going to be an easy one, and i'm sure that these books will continue to be gut-wrenching and emotional. But I am along for the ride, and I can only hope that at the end everything will work out the way its supposed to. I absolutely recommend this series to anyone who likes their reads a little dark and dangerous as well as sexy and hot. This story was so unique from anything else I have read and is an absolute must read!

**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment