in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 3, 2014

ARC Review: Fix You, Bash and Olivia Book One by Christine Bell


Fix You is the first part of Bash and Olivia's story in Christine Bell's new McDaniels Brothers series. This is the first of three parts for Bash and Olivia, and I thought it was a great way to start the series. I am already looking forward to getting more of these characters and can't wait to see what happens next. I must admit that I am not a huge fan of these short stories and serials because I am always left wanting more and I hate waiting. That being said though, this story was definitely worth the read and I am really glad that I took a chance on this one. I will just have to try and be patient as I wait to find out what happens next.

At first glance, Olivia's life looks perfect. She is attending college at a good school, she comes from a well off family, and she is dating a boy she has known for years and was friends with before. But the truth is her family is struggling to make their mortgage payments and she knows that they are hiding something from her. Also, her boyfriend Andy has been drinking more and has been angry a lot lately. When she goes to a bar before spring break with Andy and her friend Echo, she ends up falling and is caught by a handsome bar employee. The attraction between them is instant and both of them feel drawn to each other. But Olivia's boyfriend Andy sees the whole thing and it sets him off. Sebastian (Bash) rushes in to save her from Andy's temper before he gives her a beating that he is on the verge of. When Olivia decides to stay home from the spring break trip to Cabo that Andy and Echo are going on, she goes to the bar to apologize to Bash. Both of them feel the connection, but with so many things standing in their way they know the best thing to do is to walk away. But when you feel a connection that strong it isn't always that simple.

I really liked Bash. He was such a great guy. Strong and protective, and willing to stand up for a girl he didn't know because it was the right thing to do. He knew that there would be consequences, and even when it ended up hurting him he still felt like he had done the right thing. He also continued to talk to Olivia and help her despite knowing that he should walk away for both of them. I liked that he was willing to help teach her how to protect herself and that he was always looking out for her. Olivia was smart and she was really kind. She felt so bad for how things had played out with Bash for his helping her and she tried to make things right. She also tried to see the best in Andy, and believed that because of their friendship she could try to get him the help he needed. I really liked her quirky awkwardness and the fact that she tended to ramble on while trying to talk to Bash. It was pretty funny and kind of adorable. I felt like she was so real and that I could relate to her because she seemed like just a cool girl that you would want to hang out with. I loved her and Bash together, and they had so much chemistry right from the start. You could really feel the tension between them and it was clear that it was only a matter of time before things exploded between them.

Overall, I thought that this was a really great way to start the series and I enjoyed reading it despite it's short length. I liked Bash and Olivia a lot and I also thought that Bash's brother Matty was great as well. I am really looking forward to getting to know him better also. I did think that there was a lot of obstacles stacked against these two and I really hope that Andy gets what he deserves. I couldn't stand his character right from the start and he ended up being even worse than I had imagined. I liked that this story gave us both Bash's and Olivia's POVs. It was nice to see how both of them were thinking and feeling and I think it really gave the story depth considering the length. I feel like we already know Bash and Olivia really well even though we have just scratched the surface with them. I can't wait to read more in this series, and I think that Christine Bell has done a great job with introducing these characters. I recommend checking this one out if you are a fan of NA reads and are looking for something different. Luckily, the next installment isn't too far off because I need to see where Bell will take the story next!

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase:Amazon | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment