in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Review: Tattoo Thief by Heidi Joy Tretheway


Tattoo Thief by Heidi Joy Tretheway was so much different than what I was expecting. It was so much more than just another rockstar story. I really enjoyed reading this, and I finished it in one sitting. It was a quick and easy read that kept me interested through every last word. Beryl and Gavin were really easy to like and become invested in. I am looking forward to reading more in this series and from Heidi Joy Tretheway.

When Beryl gets the chance to leave her small Oregon hometown, she jumps on the first plane to NYC. She is working for her father's best friend Dan, who sets her up as a house-sitter and assistant to the rich and famous. Her first job proves to be difficult as she enters the house of Gavin Slater, lead singer for the rock band Tattoo Thief. The place is absolutely trashed and whats more is that she finds out he has not only left a mess, but he also left a dog behind at a boarder. She decides to give him a piece of her mind, and the two begin corresponding back and forth. After suffering a terrible loss, Gavin has run to the other side of the world filling his time with traveling to out of the way places. But as he and Beryl talk more and begin to open up to each other, Gavin realizes that he needs to stop running and face everything he left behind. Can Beryl find her way in a world much different than what she is used to and figure out a way to bring Gavin home?

I liked Gavin. He was so much different than the first impression that you get of him. He was sweet and thoughtful, and I liked that he really payed attention to everything that Beryl told him. He wasn't just about grand gestures, but did little things too. He was so upset and vulnerable because of his guilt over the loss of Lulu, and yet he opened up to Beryl without too much of a fight. I thought that they had a strong connection right from the start, but it was really natural. It didn't feel forced or fake at all. It just worked. Beryl was smart and ambitious, and also really sweet. I liked that she was willing to leave everything she knew on a chance at a better future. She didn't let anything hold her back, and I liked how honest she was, even to the point of saying things that could have got her in trouble. I loved that she was able to see others as the best they could be and was always determined to help them see the same as well. She was just a great heroine, and I really liked reading her story. Gavin and Beryl had a lot of chemistry, but they shared so much more than that.

Overall, I thought that this book was really good. I didn't give it five stars, because even though we do get some interaction between them at the end it really felt like the majority of this book was about Beryl. Because they start of apart and are just emailing and chatting through the internet, it really sort of feels like this story is Beryl's for the most part and that their relationship sort of takes a back seat. I wish that Gavin would have showed up a bit sooner and that we would have got more of their time together. But I really did enjoy this story and that was really my only complaint. I liked getting to briefly meet the other guys in the band and look forward to getting to know them better. I am a bit apprehensive about Stella being the next heroine. I hated her actions at the end of the book, but if i'm being honest I didn't like her from the start. She was extremely selfish and wasn't a good friend at all. I really hope that she redeems herself though, as I think I am really going to like Tyler and I hope she is worthy of him. I really loved that this book was about a rockstar, but was completely different from any other story I have read before. I think that if you are looking for a story about a sexy rockstar that has more depth and emotion, that this is one that you should definitely give a shot. I am so glad that I read this one and can't wait to read more in this series.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment