in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 30, 2015

ARC Review: Delicious Temptation by Sabrina Sol


Sabrina Sol is a new to me author, but I couldn't wait to read Delicious Temptation because of it's sexy cover and blurb. If you have read my reviews, you will know that I am a sucker for little sister/brother's best friend stories, and I absolutely cannot turn them down. This one had a bit of a twist though being that Eric was Amara's brother's former best friend, so I was really interested to see what would happen. While I liked this book okay, it was just good not great. Unfortunately there wasn't anything new or memorable to the story, and isn't one that I will probably ever read again or even remember.

Amara is used to being the good girl that does everything that her parents and older brother Miguel tell her to. When her father hurts himself, she agrees to resign from her dream job in order to return home to help her family with their struggling bakery. Though she tries to update the bakery and bring in new customers, her family doesn't want to change anything. When her family finally agrees to remodel the bakery though, they end up hiring her brother's former best friend Eric to do the job. Eric was the bad boy that Amara always had a crush on, but he never saw her as anything but her brother's annoying little sister. Now that Amara is older and has changed, he sees her in a whole new light. But can Amara and Eric have a chance at a relationship when no one in her family approves of them being together? 

Eric was a good character and I did like him. He had been the bad boy that was always getting into trouble and was only interested in casual relationships with women. Then he got his high school girlfriend pregnant , but was determined to be a good dad. When she lost the baby though, Eric spiraled out of control and turned to alcohol to help him get through life. I loved that he decided to turn his life around though, and that he was clean and sober and determined to stay that way. He was a good guy that had been through some bad times and made some bad decisions, and I hated that others judged him solely off his old behavior. I know that happens in real life, but it really sucks that some people don't see real improvement and change when it is right in front of them. I didn't like Amara as well as Eric though, and I had a tough time ever warming up to her. While she had great ideas and was passionate about her job and career, she was a bit of a doormat and came off as weak. She let her family, especially her parents, run her life and she never stood up to them. It was really annoying after awhile and I kept having to remind myself that this was supposedly a 26 year old woman. She acted much more like a high school girl seeking approval, than a grown successful woman who was good at her job. She never really seemed to take a stand either, it always came down to someone else stepping up to handle things rather than her. While I liked Amara and Eric together, they were kind of all over the place and neither one of them seemed to be able to communicate their feelings or what they wanted. They kept it to themselves and never really opened up until the very end, assuming that they knew what the other wanted or thought. 

Overall, this wasn't a bad book and I Sabrina Sol's writing style was good and easy to read. But the story and Amara were what kept this one from being great to me. I found myself getting bored with the story and frustrated with Amara, and that had me wanting to skim to get to the end. I think that Sabrina Sol is a good writer though, and I will be willing to give her books another shot in the future. I think this one just wasn't what I had been hoping for. If you are looking for something light and easy, you might give this one a shot. This was a quick read and is a good book to fill the time if you are looking for something that isn't too deep or emotional.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iBooks |





0 comments :

Post a Comment