in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 29, 2015

ARC Review: Rescuing the Bad Boy by Jessica Lemmon


When I saw “Rescuing the Bad boy” by Jessica Lemmon I jumped at the chance to read and review it. Jessica Lemmon has been on my “to-read” list for a while and this book sounded exciting. This is the second book in the “Second Chance” series.

When the story begins Sofie Martin is losing her virginity to Donovan Pate. Donnovan or Donny like Sofie and thinks she looks great but there is no real connection between them. He is also getting ready to leave town and make a new start for himself. When Donny realizes that Sofie is a virgin he can’t leave her side quick enough.

I feel like I should start my reviews with a disclaimer… I’m in a reading slump. I’ve picked up a couple of books and none have held my interest for long periods of time. “Rescuing the Bad Boy” is one of these books. I put it down and picked it up so many times but I could not find myself invested in Donny and Sofie. I want to say that I really like bad boys turned good stories. I loved the rough around the edges characters but Donny fell short for me.

Although I liked Sofie I found her to be a little on the overly dramatic side. I get that she is young and she liked Donny but they didn’t have any type of relationship so her feelings of abandonment, although I sympathized, I also felt they were a little on the extreme side.

When Sofie and Donny finally are reunited there is understandable tension between them. I loved tension filled stories but the over dramatization of their encounters left me a little disappointed. I reconciled with a 3 star because I did want to see how Sofie and Donny would eventually build a relationship and really get to know each other. Aside from my disappointment in this story I do plan to read more by Jessica Lemmon.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment