in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 10, 2015

ARC Review: Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras


Paper Hearts is the second book in the Hearts series by Claire Contreras. This is a standalone story, though the characters are interconnected. Kaleidoscope Hearts is the first book and there is a short novella in between KH and PH called Torn Hearts. This isn't necessary to understand Paper Hearts, but I would highly recommend readers read that before Paper Hearts as it does center around the characters in this book and it explains so much of what happened in the past. For those of you familiar with this series, you may have noticed that this was available for free from Claire Contreras but has since been pulled. It is now included as a part of Paper Hearts, so those purchasing Paper Hearts will be able to read Torn Hearts first.

Mia and Jensen were best friends that turned into more, until something unexpected tore them apart. Though Mia tried to move on, she was left broken hearted and nothing was the same. Now years later her life is once again changing as she prepares to move to NY from California in order to follow her dreams of being a successful photographer. But she also knows that with her being a photographer for the magazine Jensen writes for, it is only a matter of time before she is forced to face him again. Jensen is determined to prove to her that they belong together though despite everything that happened. After letting Mia go once, he will do whatever it takes to hold onto her this time for good. 

I wanted to hate Jensen after what he had done. In Torn Hearts, he absolutely ripped my heart out right along with Mia's. I really wondered if I would be able to move past what he had done, because I didn't understand it at all. Why he would even put himself in the position he did when Mia and him were supposed to end up together. They had taken a break, but they both knew where they would end up because they belonged together. But Jensen slowly began to win me over here in Paper Hearts, and I found myself forgiving him and falling in love with him just like Mia was. I loved Mia, and my heart really went out to her. She had been absolutely blindsided by Jensen, and her heart was broken in the worst way. She had so much strength though, and I loved that she didn't immediately give in to him. I think that he needed to work for it after all he had done, and I really admired her for taking her time with him and getting to know who he was after everything. I will say that she is a much better person than me, as I am not sure that I would have been able to handle the situation that was his life. Things were completely different than what they had planned, and yet she didn't let that hold her back when they started talking again. These two had such a strong connection, that it was clear to me that they should have always been together. That and their chemistry was what made it hurt so bad when it came to what Jensen had done. These two were perfect and I loved them together, but their relationship would never be the same even with them being able heal. 

Overall, I really loved this book. It was heartfelt and emotional, and I was captivated right from the start. I read Torn Hearts and immediately started Paper Hearts after, as I couldn't wait to get more of these two. Their story wasn't always easy, but I was so invested in their journey and I just couldn't stop reading. I really enjoyed Kaleidoscope Hearts, but I have to say that as much as I loved that book, I loved Paper Hearts even more! Mia and Jensen were just impossible not to root for and fall in love with, and I felt so connected to them. I highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance as well as new adult fans, or really anyone just looking for a solid love story. These two were proof that true love never ends, even when the world might try to get in the way.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment