in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 25, 2016

ARC Review: Spanish Lessons by Jessica Peterson


This is my first book by Jessica Peterson, but the blurb really drew me in. Spanish Lessons was a quick and angsty read, and I enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series and seeing what Jessica Peterson has in store for those characters. 

Vivian and her best friend Maddie head to Spain for a summer abroad. Not only does Vivian want to enjoy her passion for Art History, but she is hoping to get some tutoring help for her major of Economics. There she meets the sexy Rafa, the cousin of a friend of hers who just so happens to be her new tutor. But Vivian has had her heart broken and isn't looking to start anything that already has an expiration date. Though Vivian tries to fight her feelings for Rafa, she finds it harder to do with every time they see each other. But even if their relationship didn't only have a few months, Vivian finds out that Maddie wants Rafa too. 

I will admit that I struggled a lot with Vivian's character here. As much as I liked her at times, she really frustrated me at others. She wouldn't admit her feelings for Rafa to her friends or herself. I hated that she gave Maddie permission to pursue Rafa, knowing that she was interested in him herself. She would get upset then when Maddie would go for him and it drove me nuts! Rafa though was amazing! Sexy and sweet, I loved him from the start. He was a great guy, and I couldn't help but fall in love with him along the way. Vivian and Rafa had a ton of chemistry, and the connection between them was clear from the start.

As much as I wanted to shake Vivian at times here, I did like this story. It was full of angst and I couldn't put it down. I am curious to get Maddie's story next and I love that her hero is Rafa's uncle. I hope we get to see more of Vivian and Rafa, because I really loved them together. This is my first book by Jessica Peterson, but it won't be my last. I am glad that I took a chance on this new to me author, and I look forward to the next story in the Study Abroad series.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment