in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 6, 2016

ARC Review: Blown Away by Brenda Rothert


Blown Away is the first book that I have ever read from Brenda Rothert, but I really enjoyed it. As soon as I read the blurb for this one, I knew I had to read it! I live in the mid-west, so tornadoes are something I have been dealing with my entire life. I have never read a book featuring storm chasers before, so that was something that absolutely fascinated me. I am so glad that I took a chance on a new to me author, and this definitely won't be the last I read from Brenda Rothert. 

Just as Drew McGovern is getting ready to get married, her fiance Colby is killed in an accident. She goes a year just getting by, but she realizes that she needs to change something to feel alive again. So when she gets the chance to join Colby's storm chasing team, she thinks that it is exactly what she needs. What she never expects though is to start falling for Colby's best friend Aiden O'Neal who is also on the team. Aiden has always secretly been jealous of Colby and Drew's relationship, though he never let either of them know how he really felt about Drew. So while he knows that it is wrong to take a chance with her, he finds it hard to fight the connection growing between them. 

I really liked Drew and Aiden together. Drew was strong and I loved that she took a chance and stepped outside her comfort zone when she knew that she wasn't fulfilled with what she had been doing. I really admired that about her, and it was great to see her just leave her life behind and pursue something that was both scary and exciting for her. While I did like Aiden and loved him with Drew, there were a few times here that I wasn't his biggest fan. He had a tendency to push Drew away and that usually involved him being a jerk to her. While I understood it to a point, I didn't like it. But these two had a great connection and chemistry that was undeniable, so I was really hoping that they would be able to get over all the obstacles standing in their way and be able to move forward together. 

Besides the few issues I had with Aiden, there were a few things that happened in this story that I wasn't the biggest fan of. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't go into detail. One happened towards the beginning of the story and affected how I thought of Aiden a bit. While things turned out okay and I got why it happened, I didn't like seeing it and didn't like that Drew had either. The other thing happened later in the story, and I felt like it was a bit "much ado about nothing". It was something that seemed to just be added into the story for some drama and conflict, and honestly it did nothing but annoy me and make me angry while at the same time cause problems for Drew and Aiden. I just didn't feel like there was any need to go there, and it seemed too convenient that it was resolved the way it was for all the trouble that it had brought up. I just wish that the author hadn't gone there at all. But otherwise, I really did enjoy this story and I found the storm chasing so unique and interesting. This was something different, and it had my attention from the very first page. I would recommend this one and I will read more from Brenda Rothert in the future.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment