in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Audiobook Review: Crossroads by Riley Hart, Narrated by Sean Crisden


I am a huge fan of Riley Hart's, so when I got the opportunity to list to Crossroads I couldn't wait! Crossroads is the first book in Riley's Crossroads series and it is a standalone story narrated by Sean Crisden. In the past I have had some issues with Sean as a narrator because I felt like his voice didn't fit the age group of the characters he was portraying. I thought that he was the perfect choice here though and I really loved his interpretation of this story. He did both of the guys really well here and I liked the life he brought to Nick and Bryce. 

Nick Fuller is starting over after divorcing the woman he had been with since he was in high school. He had never been with anyone else and thought that he would be with her forever. He owns the restaurant of his dreams, but Nick is ready to move forward and meet new people. When he meets his next door neighbor Bryce Tanner, the two strike up an immediate friendship and find an easy relationship unlike they have with anyone else. Getting out of a relationship of his own recently, Bryce sets out to show Nick a good time and help him meet some women. But they both quickly realize that they would rather spend time with each other than anyone else. With both men having been straight their entire lives, the sudden attraction they feel for the other takes them by surprise. But when faced with their new crossroads, will they choose the lives they have always lead, or take a chance on something new and unexpected together?

I really loved both Nick and Bryce. These men were so easy to like right from the start. They were sexy and I couldn't get enough of them. Nick was so passionate about cooking, and I loved what a great guy he was. Same thing went for Bryce! He might have changed careers and constantly been searching for something else as his family liked to remind him, but it was clear that when he found what he was looking for and passionate about that he gave it everything he had. You could easily see his love for motorcycles and his growing relationship with Nick. These guys were fun and I loved their interactions. They were open and honest with each other, and had some of the best communication I have ever seen in a romance novel. Yes they had their moments where they didn't always tell each other everything right away, but they didn't shy away from discussing the big things and I was so glad that they were able to face everything together. They were so hot together and had a ton of steam, but their connection was so easy and solid that it just felt like they were meant for one another. I don't know that I have ever read a gay for you story that the relationship felt as natural as this one did and I just loved every bit of it. 

Overall, Crossroads was a fantastic story that was brought to life with great narration from Sean Crisden. Once I started listening I didn't want to stop, and I really felt like Sean did a great job not only differentiating between the different characters, but to really bringing the personalities out in both Nick and Bryce. It was so easy to listen to this story and I was invested the entire way through. Sometimes with audiobooks and the narration I will find my mind wandering, but that didn't happen here at all. I was captivated right away and was enjoying every minute of this book as I was listening. I already can't wait to go back and listen to this one again, and I know it will be one that I listen to and read again many times in the future. It was just such an amazing story and is definitely one of my all time favorite M/M books that I have ever read. If you are a fan of M/M romance, you definitely should be reading Riley Hart. Crossroads is a must read for me, and I am already looking forward to the next book from her.

**Audiobook Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment